Bottom

bbPress 2.0, Buddypress 1.5 and Multisite

• dosch
    Participant

@dosch

Hey all!

I am trying to make my dream-setup:

One multi-site with six sites.

The main site has bussypress1.5 with bbPress2.0.

I can;t get this to work… Is there already a tutorial on how to do this?

At first I tried installing BuddyP. and then activating fora and installing bbPress in the process; enebling it network-wide. But then the bbPress-fora show up on the dashboard of every site.

Now I tried to enable bbPress only on the site I want to use it, but it generates conflicts with the Buddypress installation. I get this error:

“The forums component has not been set up yet.”

(also, on a side-note; BuddyPress can only be configured on the dashboard of the Network, not only on the site I actually want to have it running on, but that seems to fit maybe more on the BuddyPress forum).

I’d be gratefull for any help or step-by-step guidance here!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

You were on the right track when you enabled bbPress solely on the 1 main site.

Install WP.

Enable Multisite, but you don’t have to create the other sites yet.

Install and activate Buddypress without installing or activating forums through BuddyPress.

Install and activate bbPress.

You are going to get that warning for the time being because BuddyPress 1.5 and bbPress 2.0 aren’t fully integrated yet. Better/Full integration is being worked on for BuddyPress 1.6 which is supposed to come out around the same time as WP 3.3, which just hit beta 1 and is scheduled for release at the end of November

Jdamonte
    Participant

@jdamonte

On the same topic, can a standalone instal of bbpress be set up on a sub domain?

Where are the files for reg, log in, lost p/w etc.?

Jon Hardison
    Participant

@jonhardison

Hey @dosch!! 🙂

Did it work? I’m having the same problem and just wanted to confirm before I go ripping everything apart.

Thanx a bunch.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar