Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 1.0 alpha

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Same database or same tables within the database? Same database, sure, just use a different table prefix, like bbalpha_ or something.

For the same tables, I would need to look at the schema changes between 0.9 and 1.0, but I *believe* there are changes, which means it would not work to use the same exact tables.

edit: _ck_ beat me to it :-)

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I installed the alpha on its own database. When I test register, I am not sent a password, nor password sent when I try to recover password.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

The test registered name is not in my database, just the original keymaster user.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Are you sure you have the database table prefix correct, and you’re looking in the correct table for the new user?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I didn’t change the database table prefix from the default. This is the only table in the new database. The database says ‘bb_’, and bb.config.php says ‘bb_’. My keymaster shows up in ‘bb_users’. So if the keymaster is there, then the table prefix is not the problem. It is something else.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

When I register (click on the Register button) there appears to be a transfer. But then when all it done, I am still on the register page with the form filled in. I would think I would get a thank you, your password will be sent to you. And yes, the two required fields are filled in properly.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

So you have bbPress alpha in its own database, and there is just one table, the users table, or all the other tables are there as well?

Is this integrated with anything, or just a standalone bbPress installation?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> But then when all it done, I am still on the register page

> with the form filled in. I would think I would get a thank

> you, your password will be sent to you.

This happened to me once before. I thought I was seeing things. In my case, it was cookies or something because when I restarted the browser and tried again, it worked fine. Can you recreate the problem in another browser?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I restarted Firefox 2, checked cookies which was allowed for this site, and the same problem occurred. I didn’t mention before that after I click on the Register button, my username appears in the top left of the page, again with the form as I completed it. I also tried this in IE6 with cookies allowed too. The same problem occurred.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Chris

I didn’t see your post.

BBPress Alpha is in its own database. All the tables appear to be there, numbering 12. This is a standalone BBPress. The only thing I have done differently is to put the hidden forums plugin in “my-plugins”, but it is not activated, nor are any other plugins like Askimet or Bozo.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It’s weird. I had that exact thing happen to me on an alpha install, not integrated, and I thought I was going crazy seeing things. Maybe not. For me, I just restarted the browser or used another browser and registration went through fine. I have no idea what it is; it’s an esoteric bug for sure.

Can I upgrade from 0.8 series of BBPress to 1.0? I did some sandbox upgrading and ran into some issues.

Specifically an upgrade from 0.8 series to 0.9 required additional uri path variables in bb-config.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/unable-to-upgrade-081-to-0902#post-16890

But even after uncovering that special little surprise I am still having issues.

Before I debug further to find outstanding problems, other than the path variables that needs to be inserted in bb-config prior to running the database upgrade- can I go from the .8 series directly to 1.0 alpha or do I first need to upgrade to 0.9, then upgrade THAT to 1.0.

The only problems that I ran into were:

1. The setup script didn’t properly enter the secret keys in the config file so the forum didn’t function until I manually entered this info in the file (I ran setup twice clean just to be sure).

2. Not sure if it’s related or not, but at one point my admin account’s password stopped functioning after updating my display name…? Strange.

Alex

@hempsworth

Has anybody had any experiences trying to integrate bbPress 1.0 and WPMU 2.6.1?

I managed to get them working ageeees ago in the 0.9 releases, any reason this wouldn’t work now?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You can read lots of people’s experiences here:

https://bbpress.org/forums/tags/wpmu

any chance this becomes stable this week?

i’m antsy to add a forum to my blog but dont know if i should wait for the stable version?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

My completely uninformed guess is … no. I wouldn’t wait. Install something and see how it goes.

If you log in here, you can see the number of open tickets by milestone: https://trac.bbpress.org/report/3 . There are quite a few open for 1.0. Also, there hasn’t been a 1.0 beta or release candidate either. So, just my guess, no.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

There have been so many new features added in the past few weeks in the trunk that there’s no way it’s ever going to be stable this month (October).

Even if they release another alpha (or beta but that would be crazy), that doesn’t mean it’s stable, it means it needs to be tested and debugged, thoroughly. Sam only has a limited environment to test things. Problems with PHP4 or Windows come up constantly and other things he can’t easily test. There’s also a good chance plugins will become broken (again/still).

Do NOT use the alpha on a live, active site. Period. Seriously. Not kidding. It’s not a trick. Alphas are for testing purposes only. Objects may be closer than they appear.

If you ignore this warning, you are on your own.

Ok, fair enough. I will delete the alpha off of my local and play around with the older version instead. Is the upgradability from release to release as seamless as WP?

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar