Categories
Search
Bottom

bbp Style Pack – styling and displaying forums

• Robin W

@robin-w

For those who have been asking a new plugin which hopefully will help

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/

Changing style items – now in this plugin so no need to create child themes and post complicated code into style sheets

Changing how the forum looks, the most asked for items, such as vertical sub forums, hiding counts, adding ‘create new topic’ links, removing ‘private’ prefix, adding forum descriptions, changing breadcrumbs and more

Login – create simple menu items to help with logging in, registration and changing profiles

Shortcodes – 3 useful new shortcodes to help your display

Feedback both positive and ‘needs improvement’ welcomed !

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

i tried it out and its very simple and easy to use, which is great.

Great job Robin 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

Hey thanks !

–Q–Shadows
    Participant

@-q-shadows

Hey,

Nice plugin. Reduces allot of the headache when it comes to customizing bbpress looks 🙂

One thing I cant get to work around thou is the Forum Template Extras that comes with it. I followed the instructions provided, copied the code from loop-forums.php to my bbpress folder but for some reason the I cant see any effect of it on my forums :(.

Robin W

@robin-w

someone else reported that (or may have been you) on the plugin page or by email.

I’ll take another look at it when I get a chance

–Q–Shadows
    Participant

@-q-shadows

I dont think so. Today was the first time ever I even tried that feature out. Like merely hours ago 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

I tried it again and it works.

But you will need to reload your page, and a simple refresh won’t get it to load. If in doubt, close your browser and re-open it.

Let me know if you continue to have difficulty

wolfdogg
    Participant

@wolfdogg

When I use the Login -> Add login/logout to menu items option, it puts the login/logout/registration links in both my main and submenu, which are stacked on each other so it looks strange. Any way to remove the links from one of the menus and keep it in the other?

Robin W

@robin-w

link to your site please

wolfdogg
    Participant

@wolfdogg

kenneston
    Participant

@kenneston

ACCORDING TO THEMEBUILDER YOUR PLUGIN DOES NOT ALLOW DESCRIPTIONS

The forum description should show at the top of the forum to introduce the topic, between the title and the blue bar. Without it, it’s like walking into a room wanting to have a conversation and no one is there. Please fix this very basic common sense request. It’s simple, allow the dashboard text editor content to show up at the top of the page. Why wouldn’t you include it? Makes no sense. You want people to interact on a title alone.

FROM THE THEMEBUILDER

I have researched this in the BBPress support forums, and the description on the single forum page is not an option in BBPress.
    You can even try changing to another theme and you will see that the description on the forum page will not display, it is not a theme issue, rather a BBPress issue.
    Who ever told you otherwise was misleading you. Sure it can be done with customization, however it is not how BBPress operates out of the box.

In my research I came across this plugin, it will allow you to do what your after: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/

Best regards,
    Theme Canon

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar