Categories
Search
Bottom

bbConverter error

• beervanger
    Participant

@beervanger

Hi everyone,
    I need your help. I wanna migrate from phpbb to bbpress.
    I use bbConverter. I got this error :

[…again and again…]

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 1]
    SELECT * FROM wp_posts WHERE id =

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 1]

Convert forums (0 – 99)-
    Not clearing default passwords-

Not Converting users Selected-

Not Cleaning Data-

Conversion Complete-

Starting Conversion…

Could you help me?
    Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • bbPress 2.x includes its own phpBB converter (It was based on bbConverter)

https://codex.bbpress.org/import-forums/

The next release of bbPress will also include further improvements of the phpBB importer (I am working on these right now)

beervanger
    Participant

@beervanger

I tried but it’s stuck on “starting Conversion…” With the circle which turns all the time.
    EDIT : After few minutes got the same problem

I don’t know what i can do.

You need to select ‘phpBB’ at the top of forum import screen and you need to specify the database prefix of your phpBB database tables, typically this is ‘phpbb_’ though you should confirm this for your database using phpMyAdmin on your web host.

beervanger
    Participant

@beervanger

Fields are correct. If i write something wrong i have messages like “no forum-no post-… to convert”.
    It’s why i don’t understand.

Stop using bbConverter, it does not work and is no longer supported by the developer.

Use the import tool that comes with bbPress 2.x, you can find this in your WordPress Admin Dashboard under ‘Tools’ -> ‘Forums’ -> ‘Import Forums’

beervanger
    Participant

@beervanger

I know i tried both. Same problem …

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar