Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BB Press is Running very slow

• kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

I’ve seen a few posts regarding speed issues. I have not seen anything recent for a resolution, everything I’ve seen is from more than 5 years ago except for one (I did post that I could use some help) but there was no resolution.

It’s taking 9 seconds just to post in the forum. Users are clicking the submit button multiple times because it’s not posting right away.

What can I do to get things speeded up. I’ve tried deactivating plugins but it’s still slow.

Thank you

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)

• bluesea
    Participant

@ppolson

@kenmieg, were you able to get any resolution with speed issues? curious to know if you had success or abandoned? appreciate it!

zokkoz
    Participant

@zokkoz

Hi! Should I use BbPress on my site? I have a bit of concern, on the staging site it’s not working. Seems like it does not work with Gutenberg block themes (not sure about that) and it has not been updated for more than 2 years, which is a lot. Is it abandoned? I’d appreciate your thoughts on this.

Robin W

@robin-w

If you are using one of new FSE themes, you need a fix to work with bbpress.
    install

bbp style pack

once activated, navigate to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack, and you should see the first tab called ‘Theme Support’ – if you don’t see this, come back.

In that tab, select

Enable Theme Support

and save

The forums should then display

sunshineday77
    Participant

@sunshineday77

I’m having the same issue. Also pagination settings in WP aren’t working.

sourfew
    Participant

@sourfew

I used to have the same problem with slow posting. About 20 seconds for a new topic.
    Robin w tried to help out and big thanks for all the effort you put in.

I eventually moved away from bbpress/buddypress to buddyboss instead and I don’t have any performance issues anymore.

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar