Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BB Press is Running very slow

• kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

I’ve seen a few posts regarding speed issues. I have not seen anything recent for a resolution, everything I’ve seen is from more than 5 years ago except for one (I did post that I could use some help) but there was no resolution.

It’s taking 9 seconds just to post in the forum. Users are clicking the submit button multiple times because it’s not posting right away.

What can I do to get things speeded up. I’ve tried deactivating plugins but it’s still slow.

Thank you

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

OSCOWP
    Participant

@oscowordpress1

Same here, it is going from bad to worse.
    What is happening?

kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

I am unable to deactivate any plugins or themes at the moment. I ran a health check and everything that needed fixing was fixed and the forums are still posting way too slow.

It seems to me that there might be something wrong with the plugin since I am not the only individual who is having this issue.

OSCOWP
    Participant

@oscowordpress1

nearly two years without updates….
    And its far from be quick

Robin W

@robin-w

if you could both let me know what version of WordPress you are on, and whether the speed is the same for posting both topics and replies that would be very useful πŸ™‚

kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

I’m running 6.2 it was just updated from the previous version. Also, posting and replying are both running slow. As I said before we have visitors trying to reply or post and they are clicking the submit button multiple time.

kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

I apologize if I’ve said something to offend. I didn’t mean to. I’m just trying to get this resolved for a client. I, like you, am someone sitting in my house trying to get a job done.

πŸ™‚

Thank you for your help so far. I do appreciate it.

Robin W

@robin-w

@kemmieg – no offence from you. Has it previously been ok ? One of my test sites is looking slow on topics but not replies, but I’ll need to dig into what is happening and it may be a few days.

kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

It’s actually been slow the whole time I’ve tried upping the memory and that didn’t help I’ve also tried deactivating plugins on staging but it’s still slow. I’m using Hello Elementor Child theme.

Anything else I can send that would help you figure this out. We are hosting on WPEngine.

Thank you

OSCOWP
    Participant

@oscowordpress1

We are on 6.2.1
    We tried disabling all plugins as litespeed and everything
    Our website is cochespias.net

OSCOWP
    Participant

@oscowordpress1

Our plugins:

WP Google Search
    WP Facebook Login for WordPress
    To Top
    Smash Balloon Instagram Feed
    LiteSpeed Cache
    Complianz | GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent
    Complianz – Terms and Conditions
    bbPress
    bbp style pack
    Anti-Spam by CleanTalk
    AJAX Login and Registration modal popup + inline form
    Rank Math SEO

Theme
    Publisher

OSCOWP
    Participant

@oscowordpress1

It is weird, it goes fast and then when there are 2 o3 replies it goes reaaally slow.

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks – as I say I’ll tye and look through in then next few days, but I am away at the weekend

wikivia
    Participant

@wikivia

hannajor
    Participant

@hannajor

Hello, I work for a software development company that specializes in web and mobile solutions. I have some experience with bbPress and I agree that it can be slow sometimes. One thing that helped me to improve the performance was to update the bbPress plugin and WordPress core to the latest versions. You can also disable any plugins that you don’t need or that are not compatible with bbPress. You can also try to use a lightweight theme that is optimized for speed. I hope this helps you to solve your problem. Cheers!

kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

@hannajor Thank you for your help. I have tried all those things already.

Robin W

@robin-w

I have done some initial testing.

On the test site that is running slow, it seems to be related to subscriptions and emailing.

I’d like confirmation that this is indeed the issue for you both as well before I spend time investigating further.

If you are able to help can you go to

bbpress test

and download a small testing plugin.

Then in your site, go to dashboard>plugins>add new and upload the plugin you just downloaded.

When activated, this plugin will stop emails on new topics, which is what I want to prove is the issue. So you’ll need to activate, do the test and then deactivate. During the period when it is activated subscribers will not get emails for new topics, so you may want to time your tests to a quiet time on your site.

So when you are ready activate this plugin, then create a new topic and see if it runs back to the usual speed.

Once you have tested, immediately deactivate this plugin, or your users will not get any new topic emails.

At the moment this is only testing new topics not replies, so no point in testing replies yet !!

kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

I’ve tested the plugin and it had no affect on the forum.

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks for the update.

1. Can you confirm that you have run the repair tools in dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums
    2. can you confirm that making a wordpress post (ie a post or page) is quick
    3. can you try editing a bbpress topic on the front end and let me know if that is erqualy slow on saving

kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

@robin w I can confirm that I ran repair tools.I made a post and a topic very fast in the admin but once I go to the front end to create the topic it gets very slow. this is with the. plugin activated.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok what about 3. above?

kemmieg
    Participant

@kemmieg

Yes I did all three and it didn’t speed up front ened only backend

Robin W

@robin-w

are you also running buddypress?

Robin W

@robin-w

and do you have anonymous posting set?

Robin W

@robin-w

and can you confirm that it is equally slow on your staging site?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar