Search
Bottom

BB Press Forum – email / approval and pictures

• RILEYP
    Participant

@rileyp

Hi all,
    We are working on a forum in BB Press but wish to have the following:
    1) Permit forum users to reply to an email (e.g. to their yahoo or gmail account) to respond to a post rather than logging in and posting on site.
    2) Send new forum applications (registrations) to the moderator to either approve or disapprove
    3) Permit forum users to post pictures e.g. .jpgs

We have been told that 3) is possible via a plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/gd-bbpress-attachments/

Can you assist?
    Regards,

Simon
    P.S.
    Software is out there that can do 2) but not BB press
    E.g. http://codecanyon.net/item/user-profiles-made-easy-wordpress-plugin/4109874
    See User Profile Approvals allows admin to manually approve users before they login (New Feature)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

1) Permit forum users to reply to an email

only plugin i know is https://github.com/rmccue/bbPress-Reply-by-Email

which uses mandrill and postmark for sending emails

2) Send new forum applications (registrations) to the moderator to either approve or disapprove

that plugin user profiles made easy should work on bbpress.

3) Permit forum users to post pictures e.g. .jpgs

you can use the img button in the toolbar which will use a url of a picture then embed the picture in a post.

you can use oembed which is already in wordpress core, where all you have to do is add a link to an image in a post then it will automatically embed. (imgur, flickr, are some examples that can do this.

and yes bbpress attachments plugin

STIX FX Entertainment
    Participant

@stixfxentertainment

I would like to follow up with number two on this list.

It took a whole matter of an hour after I installed my bbpress for a spammer to register. I deleted them immediately, but if I wasn’t at the laptop he could have immediately made a mess of the new forum.

I would like the ability for new registered users to be in a specific moderated role where all posts they make are held in as moderated (private) until approved. And then, when it appears they are legit and not spammers, I can move them to the standard user role. Is there a way or a plug-in to do this? Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

I use the plugin Confirm User Registration which does exactly what you originally asked for.

You do need a small mod to get the participant part to work, but if you want to approve all users before they go live, then try this and if it’s what you want come back and I’ll give you the mod that makes the bbpress participant role work.

I also use SB Welcome Email Editor to make the wohle thing make sense to the user

STIX FX Entertainment
    Participant

@stixfxentertainment

I have added the “Confirm User Registration” deal for my website. I will see if that helps, and if I want more functionality with this I will come back in here.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar