Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

avatars not displaying – extension missing (.png in the html)

• nolimit966
    Participant

@nolimit966

Hi,

I had this issue since i very first installed BBpress along with the plugin – WP User Avatar.

The avatars are not showing in the forum at all. Its a completely bespoke WordPress theme with nothing in the functions.php to be doing any filtering or stripping out extensions of any type.
    Ive also disabled every single plugin except bbpress & the avatars plugin & i still get the problem.

broken avatars with no extension

Can anyone please help me overcome this problem?

I did notice that in the bbpress / filters.php the line which says : add_filter( ‘bbp_get_reply_author_link’, ‘stripslashes’ ); had to be commented out because it was removing the backslashes from the avatar URL making things even worse.

I dont like the fact ive had to manipulate core code to do this. Surely there has to be a better was to get avatars working.

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

you really shouldn’t edit core code…i hope you havent messed something up and now are getting a domino effect of issues.

you should also contact wp user avatar plugin support just in case too.

i gotta say email me , so i can double check your setup

Contact

im mostly going to ask how you set up your forum and see if i can duplicate the issue.

nolimit966
    Participant

@nolimit966

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

the only line I had to comment out was :

add_filter( ‘bbp_get_reply_author_link’, ‘stripslashes’ );

Ill send an email over shortly – its been tricky working out what could be causing it.

Thank you

Robkk

@robkk

alright cool

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar