Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Auto Subscribe

• kamenlee
    Participant

@kamenlee

I have a small, niche single forum install of bbPress and one of the things I need to do is figure out how to subscribe everyone to the single forum by default.

What I know so far:

1) The notify plugins won’t do because we WANT people to be subscribed and allowed to opt-out by unsubscribing in their settings.
    2) We only want to auto-subscribe them to a single forum, not replies. This way they see all new topics, but not ALL convos.
    3) This will also eventually be part of a membership to the site, thus the people subscribing are doing it, in part, to gain access and be a part of the conversation.

Seems like I am not the only one that would use a forum this way, but have found no insight on how to accomplish it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi kamenlee,

First of all, you can refer to https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/new-users-auto-subscribe-to-one-forum/ if you know how to code and try from there to automate.

Otherwise you can start with this plugin and perform it manually if somebody registers to your site (if your userbase is not that big) : https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-manage-subscriptions/ . The ‘automation’ and ‘bulk options’ are not yet there but should hopefully come in some weeks.

Pascal.

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

This is an older thread, but just in case people end up here looking for a solution, I have included a function in my bbP Toolkit plugin to add new users automatically to a list of predefined forums.

Ludovic S. Clain
    Participant

@ludovicsclain

Hey Pascal 👋 
    I’ve just tried your bbP Toolkit plugin and it works quite well 👏

But I have an oddity concerning the “Add new users to the default forum(s)” function:

when I create a user via the admin (Users > Add new), everything is going well, the user is subscribed to the forums by default, but when I register a new user (via the front form), however, no!

I guess it comes from the “insert_user_meta” filter, it must be different for the registration?

Thank you for your help!
    Warm regards,
    Ludovic

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar