Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Any way to remove moderation ?

• thierrytregaro
    Participant

@thierrytregaro

As every post with picture/link or quote is now waiting for approval, this new moderation thing is just a nightmare.

So far, using GD Toolbox Report function to let users report posts in need of moderation (and a very secure anti-spam^^). And this was perfect for my needs.

Now, forum is almost unusable with dozens posts per hour to approve only because some member quoted another. Or added a picture. Discussions are a nightmare to follow with posts validated too late, with many other answers in between. And, of course, users posting many times in a row because their posts wasn’t added to discussion.

My community is too active to ask for moderators to validate posts. This is a non-sens for my usage : posts are legit until proven not.

So : is there any way to remove this moderation option ?
    Or i’ll have to remove bbpress. After many years of service and so much time to improve my forums, time may have come to make that switch to Discourse… And, yes, it may be a conflict with Toolbox tools. But there’s no way I use bbpress without GD addon.

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

This says to use 30? Or is that out of date:

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2315

Robin W

@robin-w

try either – the priority just determines when the function runs – I was suggesting 40 to get it to run after other filters, but 30 may well work – try it

Robin W

@robin-w

actually 30 should work, not 40

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I am kind of giving up now. It won’t work. 🙁 Thanks for your help. I think I must raise a ticket.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I’ve perhaps uncovered a backwards compatibility issue with third party plugins that were using the now deprecated blacklist function.

In addition, everyone having issues here should remember that bbPress inherits many of the WordPress Discussion (Comments) settings. Moderation words, number of links, allowed tags, and a few others. If topics and replies are getting caught in moderation, comments of the same content would be also.

That said, the default behavior is NOT to land every single post in Moderation. If that is what is happening, something is broken.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

In my case not every post was going to moderation. It was just the fact that the feature was working right as in it was now detecting link counts. That was not working before.

There is another discussion setting to send all comments for moderation but I don’t think BBPress checks that setting.

Also, BBPress does not inform admin by email when post goes to moderation. That would make sense to be a option. You are getting there. Cool!

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

You don’t have to manually moderate. You can switch off moderation for bbPress. There is a temporary plugin to do it. I have moderation switched off.

Up to you.

wpa2mik
    Participant

@wpa2mik

Today, I realized that I faced the same problem. Because of the issue many posts were blocked, unfortunately.
    Are there any plans to add an option into the UI to disable moderation?
    Thanks.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

You can already disable moderation and this has been discussed about on the forum and what you need to do.

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar