Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Any simple chatbox plugins?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Can you define what it is you want your chatbox to do please?

As you’ve already said you don’t want a shoutbox, and now you don’t want the above linked AJAX chat. If you gave us strict definitions of what you’re after we could help :)

I want a box on the side of the forum, with two fields.

One field of posted messages, and one input-field to write them in.

I dont want tabs, smileys, list of users, links to php-shit, bubbles-background, different colors in text or bb code buttons at all.

Just a simple simple SIMPLE chatbox.

Look at my _shout_box on http://www.michaeljackson.no. Thats a plugin called WP-Wall, and its great.

I want something similar to that, just optimised for chatting.

When I say optimised, I mean = room for more comments with better readability, and live refreshing.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Yeah man, that’s far too specific a request for a bbPress plugin. You’re loking for something that fits your needs specifically. I’m really sorry, but that ain’t likely to happen. Why not send the users who want to chat about your chosen website subject to the WP-wall ?

How can you say thats not likely to happen? Do you speak for absolutely everyone who makes, or will make a plugin in the future?

A simple no is enough. If there is no such plugin, fine, too bad for me.

I dont think a simple chatbox is something thats specific to me and my needs alone. I think its a perfectly logical thing to make in context with the philisophy of BBPress.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I say it’s not likely to happen becuase we only have 2 or 3 plugin developers left, and your requirements are very specific. We’ve seen from all the other plugins that you’re unhappy with about how you want something that fits your needs exactly, and you never say please or thank you. I told you days ago where you could get one, and you didn’t like it even though it does everything you said you wanted.

I’m not your enemy mate, everytime you ask for help i step up. You’ve still not thanked me for the code i sent last week to solve your issues you could have googles (they weren’t bbPress issues).

I dont think a simple chatbox is something thats specific to me and my needs alone. I think its a perfectly logical thing to make in context with the philisophy of BBPress.

Cool, then go make it :)

Well, is there any other chatbox plugins than Ajaxed Chat?

Just because my needs are specific, it doesnt mean I cant compromise.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Yes, the one i linked you earlier in the week, but you didn’t want to use it due to it being called a “shoutbox”.

You have linked to this? I must have overlooked it, and still, after looking again, see no such thing.

On bbprogress.com it starts with a message of being closed. You did not even link to this, you just mentioned it. So after some googling I found it, and among the plugins listed, there is no Shoutbox there.

paulhawke

@paulhawke

One of the best little chat-boxes I’ve integrated into a forum was from Meebo – they provide nice levels of customization for size and how it looks. If you use the Meebo chat box, you can have someone edit your front page template to include it. Anyhow, take a look at http://www.meebo.com for more details.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar