Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Allow anonymous posting for one particular forum, but not all?

• James Jams
    Participant

@james-jams

Hello peoples,

We have a WordPress site running WP 4.3.1 and bbPress 2.5.8. We have a instance coming up that we would like to open up one of the forums parent groups on our forum to allow anonymous posting, but keep the rest of our forums locked up.

Is this possible? Either through coding on bbPress or through a 3rd party plug-in? Hmmm

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi James,

The standard forum attributes (that you find on the right when editing a forum) have the ‘visibility’ that can be set to ‘Public’… is this is what you are looking for.

Personally I’m using a mix of ‘Members’ and ‘bbP Private Groups’ to have the correct people getting to the correct content. Just to give you some ideas, because other plugins exists !

Pascal.

James Jams
    Participant

@james-jams

Hey Pascal,

Thank you for your response. That is not exactly what I am trying to do. On the norm, we only allow members to post to the forum, but for this one instance we want to allow people without accounts to be able to post to this 1 specific group inside of our forum.

Does that make sense?

Ah ok, well to my knowledge access is set at forum level, so I don’t see how you could do it. But maybe somebody else has an idea ?
    Pascal.

Robkk

@robkk

Im sure it could be possible. There is no plugin that can add this type of functionality.

This might be custom development though.

James Jams
    Participant

@james-jams

Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone else have any idea what to do?!?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar