Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

admin menu doesn’t show on topic page

• arathra
    Participant

@arathra

I’m using WP 5.0.3 along with bbp 2.5.14 and bbPprivate groups, bbp style pack, bbpress canned replies, bbpress toolkit, bbpress topics for posts.

This is on a 2017 child theme.

When I view the front page of the forum or a forum itself, then everything is fine and as it should be.

But when I view a topic then the WP admin bar a the top of the screen disappears.

What I’d like to know is if anyone else has experienced this problem and what can be done about it. To be honest I’m not really sure where to begin to look for the problem; the page source *appears* fine to me and the console isn’t showing anything that looks wrong. But I don’t know what I’m looking for so could have missed something obvious.

Can anyone help? Thank you!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

is this publicly viewable ?

arathra
    Participant

@arathra

Unfortunately not as it only affects admin users (regular users do not see the admin bar).

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, not something I’ve seen, as can only suggest that you do the basic fault finding process ie

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

arathra
    Participant

@arathra

Thanks – it turns out it’s Ultimate Member; I’m in touch with them to see what gives.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, thanks for the update

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar