Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding bbPress to WordPress 2.8 blog

• Hi

I have just registered as I am looking to add a forum to my wordpress website and need some basic advice.

I have read a number of posts on the subject and also the installation instructions, integration instructions and FAQ’s and I am getting very confused.

I guess I need to know where in my directory I install the bbPress. Do I have to install it in the root file, or in one of the WP files? My problem is that I have a number of websites, each using a different install of wordpress as the basis of the website, within my root file.

Will an installation of bbPress at root level affect all of the websites?

Or do I install bbPress in one of the WP folders relevant to the specific website?

How do I create a link from the specific website – do I simply create a new page on the blog called “Forum” and use the url address for the page within the bbPress installation at some point. I guess this might become clear to me as I progress with the installation, but not knowing where to put the installation at this stage I am unaware, so a heads up of what to expect will help.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I’m assuming you have it like this:

/site1/wordpress files
    /site2/wordpress files

and not /site1/wordpress/wordpress files

Right?

If so, just put it the site1 folder as a ‘forums’ folder and you should be fine.

Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

Then you can create a PAGE in wordpress called Forums and it will link to the forums folder automatically.

Then you can create a PAGE in wordpress called Forums and it will link to the forums folder automatically.

That entirely depends on your permalink structure. You shouldn’t need to make a page for ‘forums’ at all, if WP is set up correctly, even as a subfolder under the main wordpress folder. I never do :)

Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

Well, I deep integrate most sites I end up installing so the page makes sense as a link to the forums, :P

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar