Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

A mysterious privacy text breaks my footer!

• SGMAX
    Participant

@sgmax

Hi,
    I’m using bbPress 2.5.4 on WP 4.1 with Time theme, and when I go to my forums root page a very annoying text suddenly stretches my footer mile long.
    It goes like this: “At [website title], the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us (See this article to learn more about Privacy Policies.). This privacy policy document outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by [website title] and how it is used.

Log Files

Like many other Web sites….”

How do I get rid of this? I went through all the settings, even checked my pages, found nothing whatsoever.
    My footer has 3 columns with widgets, and a page widget (using it for a logo image only, no text) is being replaced with this damn text on the forums root page. All other pages display the correct widget. I retested it 3 times, this damn text replaces any “page” widget I add to my footer, and if I add multiple widgets with different pages in them, they all get replaced by the same text multiple times!
    I never saw this text until I installed bbPress and went to the forums root page. I couldn’t find it in my database either so it must be in some files?

http://www.chicsfitness.com/forums/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

i dont think this is a bbpress issue.

try switching your theme to a default theme like twenty twelve

or see if a plugin is causing the issue , deactivate every plugin but bbpress if that fixes the issue reactivate them one at a time to see what plugin might be causing the issue.

SGMAX
    Participant

@sgmax

Thanks! This helped. It was actually a plugin that somehow conflicted with bbPress.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar