Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

404 Error trying to access “All Replies” from admin screen.

• artmuns
    Participant

@artmuns

Getting a 404 Error when trying to access “All Replies” from admin screen.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you for any help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

try some troubleshooting first

Troubleshooting

artmuns
    Participant

@artmuns

Thanks Robkk, tried a number of these but no luck. All was working fine until a couple of days ago when a table for a plugin got corrupted. That was restored and everything is working well. It’s an active site so tough to do too much on it. I’ll keep beating on it! 🙂

artmuns
    Participant

@artmuns

Finally solved my issue by “beating on it”! Thought I would share my answer in hopes others might benefit.

To recap I was getting a 404 Error (Page not found) when trying to access “All Replies” from the admin screen.

I set up a test site, transferred a backup of the site using VaultPress, which made it particularly easy, but any method will work. also made sure I updated the URLs on the test site.

After disabling the plugins I was still getting the problem but could see enough of the “All Replies” page (could not with plugins enabled) to notice that there was 1 item in “draft” and “trash” each. I could not access them from the munged up “All Replies” page I was looking at. I then logged into my cPanel and phpMyAdmin and went to the wp_posts table. Using “Search” I first searched for post_status = draft, post_type = reply I then deleted that record. I next did the same for post_status = trash, post_type = reply.

Problem Solved!

Hope this helps someone else.

Robkk

@robkk

Thanks for sharing, will keep this bookmarked so that I can come back to it as a possible solution if other users come across the same issue.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar