Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2.2 permissions and 404 problems

• NickMackz
    Participant

@nickmackz

I use custom user roles on my website with ‘Member’ as the default role. After the update, all members show up as ‘Participant’ on the forums, and all users from roles other than ‘Member’ show up as ‘Member’. I also found that the permissions for different roles had been edited. One of my roles lost all permissions other than read and the ‘Member’ role gained the edit_posts permission.

The forums are also only visible to admins, and 404 for all other roles.

I have downgraded back to 2.1.3 until I can find a way to solve these problems.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• NickMackz
    Participant

@nickmackz

I believe the 404 problem may be the same as the one described here – https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-2-all-forums-now-return-page-not-found/

I will try to solution suggested there when I upgrade again. Thanks to Jennifer for explaining the things to try.

Does anyone know of a way that I could solve the problem that I have with permissions? I partially understand what is going wrong due to the way the new system works, but I wouldn’t have thought it should change the permissions for existing roles.

stanis
    Participant

@stanis

I have the same problem, but it only happens in the forums “private”

ehwh
    Participant

@ehwh

Hello. I have the same problem, forum works if it’s open,but in private modus a 404 page ( even the “admin”account).
    I can see the private forums when logged in as a user ( or admin) but clicking it gives a 404 page
    Using Worpress 3.4.2
    using bbpres 2.2.1 new install
    Registration at website by registerform from the Formidablepro-plugin

dwbroad
    Participant

@dwbroad

I’m having this problem too… I can see the page listing the forums but clicking on a specific forum gives a 404. (unless it’s set to Open).
    I’m using 2.2.2 and I’m sure it was working before I upgraded..

McFly83
    Participant

@mcfly83

Same issue here after updating to 2.2.2.

The roles are quite confusing, because they all seem to have more or less the same permissions. I tried to change permissions using the User Role Editor plugin, but it didn’t work. After saving my changes and reloading the page, the permissions seem to have been reverted somehow.

I have some private forums which should be invisible to standard users (participants). This works fine with bbPress 2.1.

ehwh
    Participant

@ehwh

I made it work for me, hope it works also for you all.

Go to Settings – Forum and select the “auto role” box ( Automatically assign default role to new, registered users upon visiting the site.)
    After selecting this box in my website everything works fine.

McFly83
    Participant

@mcfly83

That doesn’t work for me.
    Still, all registered users have access to private forums.

How can I configure the roles and capabilities when using bbPress 2.2.x???
    Please guys, there has to be a simple way to do this!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar