Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

0.9.0.2 Integration with WP 2.5

• I installed bbPress 0.9.0.2 and tried to integrate with WP 2.5 site. The two are at http://www.my-site/forum and http://www.mysite/blog under the root directory. I have two issues:

First is with permalinks set to the default (/forum.php?id=1), no problem, I can view profiles and posts within bbPress. However if I use either of the other settings for a permalink, when I click on any profile or post topic within admin control panel or site view, I only get a blank page, no error. Example: the post should be at “forum/post-name”, which is exactly where the link takes me but a blank page exists. However I can view the user profiles registered at bbPress within the WP admin area, so I believe the two are at least partially integrated.

The host is GoDaddy and there are no problems with WP permalinks. I have tried the using the following htaccess code with the /forum directory:

# BEGIN bbPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /forum/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . /forum/index.php [L]

</IfModule>

Also just having one line:

Options +MultiViews

Also the exact code generated at bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php

Second issue is after login to bbPress, a simple link to the WP admin requests me to login again. Does this take more than a simple link to “…/blog/wp-admin/”? I have checked the cookies and both look identical.

Thanks for any help

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • OK, on the second issue, if I am already logged into WP but not bbPress, the link at the forum page works. So it is being logged into one or the other but not both at the same time. Oh..hum

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Regarding permalinks, you will find lots of people expressing some problem with permalinks on GoDaddy. Just check the tag for other discussions.

That .htaccess would not work for the forum directory. That just looks like the WordPress rewrite rules changed slightly for your forum directory. You need to follow these directions:

https://bbpress.org/documentation/faq/#pretty-permalinks

Thanks chrishaje, but I have tried the one line “Options +MultiViews” and the code from “/bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php” and a few others variations in the .htaccess, didn’t make any difference. I just tired again, same result, doesn’t work.

Can someone tell me if this sounds like a cookie problem?

thanks

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The rewritten links have zero to do with cookies. The rewrite rules are not working for you on GoDaddy (ed: was Dreamhost here). Have you browsed other people’s experience by following that godaddy tag?

Thanks chrishaje. Yes I have read all the tags and tried many different variations. I will continue working on this one.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It could just be a problem with that host…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar