oakad (@oakad)

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I’m aware of this plugin.

    What can be really handy is HTTP auth plugin, which can live with user@domain usernames and will do LDAP queries on behalf of already authenticated user.

    The actual authentication is performed by the browser using a local kerberos context, so there’s no need to type in passwords and such.

    Two observation:

    1. I’ve got “last everything” installed.

    2. It actually works.

    I haven’t checked up your patches yet.

    It appears, that the “admin” issue is also SSL related.

    In admin.php:8 bb_auth is called with implied, default scheme “auth”.

    However, later on in functions.bb-pluggable.php:145, the following code is encountered:

    if ( is_ssl() ) {

    $scheme = ‘secure_auth’;

    } else {

    $scheme = ‘auth’;


    Which, given that is_ssl() returns true, will make the validation fail and user bounced out of admin page.

    For now, I replaced ‘secure_auth’ with ‘auth’ in ssl branch as well, which appears to be a reasonable hack for me.

    By the way, my setup is fully under SSL.

    I also changed the install directory to “bbpress”.

    I discovered the reason for my first problem (line 30 in bb-login.php):

    Up here:

    $re == /bbpress/

    $uri == https://host/bbpress/

    if ( is_ssl() && 0 === strpos( $re, ‘/’ ) ) {

    $re = bb_get_uri( $re , null, BB_URI_CONTEXT_HEADER );


    Down here:

    $re == https://host/bbpress/bbpress/

    Changing first argument to bb_get_uri from $re to NULL solves the initial login redirect problem for me.

    Still looking for the admin link issue.

    It’s not my “home” machine, so to say.

    It’s a test server running quite a few things and sitting on a local domain with working dns.

    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8h mod_auth_kerb/5.4 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.6.2 SVN/1.6.1 PHP/5.2.9-pl2-gentoo with Suhosin-Patch configured

    Platform is gentoo-amd64.

    I tried both the tarball from the download page (v1.0, I assume) and SVN trunk. Behavior is exactly the same.

    I have no .htaccess nor permalinks, just a clean install of the tarball.

    I played around with apache options and mod_rewrite but they had no effect on the issue.

    It seems like PHP bug to me.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)