Forum Replies Created
-
It works the same, with an invisible twist – since you asked 🤣
In theory, for phpBB (and a few other platforms) you don’t *need* to keep your old forum database around anymore to help handle the password conversion – we do it straight from our converted temporary usermeta stash. This was always on the roadmap to finish up, I just never got around to it until now 😆
phpBB import is fixed in 2.6.18.
In reply to: I built an AI chatbot for BBpressProbably!
In reply to: Can an admin user unsubscribe a user?This seems like a reasonable thing to add to bbPress core directly.
@robin-w mind if we merge that in from your style pack plugin? 😁
Sorry to hear about all of that.
I’ve fixed the phpBB importer, and I’m quickly auditing the other importers for similar problems.
See: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3683
2.6.18 will include these fixes.
In reply to: PHP Fatal error after installing 2.6.17Thanks for letting us know.
Robin is awesome so no-doubt this will be addressed ASAP.
Good job! Glad it worked out!
In reply to: uses_utf8 problemThis is fixed in 2.6.15.
For context, we’d been working on a few issues together but we can’t control their timeline, and I considered the circumstances of that issue (anonymous posting enabled, editing enabled) low enough of a footprint to not consider it as urgent as other issues in the pipeline.
And the good news is that 2.6.15 was released today.
Thanks for trying to keep us in the loop!
In reply to: bbPress <= 2.6.14 – Missing AuthorizationHey everyone,
There isn’t a security leak that is “low” enough priority to not look at
Totally agree, and I look at everything that comes in – it’s a lot right now 😂
2.6.15 was just released with this fix, and a few others! 🎉
In reply to: Assistance with Various PHP Errors pleaseThis will be fixed in 2.7.
In reply to: “Replies Created” & “Topics Started” 404 URL Error@hardel The fixes that were recommended in the ticket you linked to are pretty-much identical to what is now in 2.6.14.
If that worked for you then, 2.6.14 should work now, but only as long as you aren’t still running the old temporary fix code at the same time.
(I’ve tested a few different ways & installs, and the latest BuddyPress & bbPress are working together as intended for me.)
The URLs being generated are different from what I originally posted four years ago.
They both still look the same to my eyes, but I will believe you 🤣
In reply to: Permalinks in replies lead to the wrong pageVisit: Admin > Tools > Forums > Repair Forums
Try running the 6th tool from the top:
“Recalculate position of each reply in each topic”
This may take a while, but is intended to fix pagination issues like this.
In reply to: “Replies Created” & “Topics Started” 404 URL ErrorHi @hardel 👋
I’ll take another look at this.
Is it possible you may have a work-around activated as a plugin that might be interfering, now that bbPress 2.6.14 includes its own fix?
This is also fixed directly in bbPress 2.6.14
In reply to: wordpress 6.8 and bbpress bug?A new version of bbPress will be released shortly that includes the above fix.
Sorry, and thanks for understanding!
In reply to: Release Notes for 2.6.12Can you provide any insight into the status of 2.7.0 Alpha? I’m assuming that, if I knew how, I could at least query Trac to find out which bugs are attached (if that’s the right term) to that release, and so on
There are a few ways, but I usually use the Roadmap.
See: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/roadmap
You’ll see the various releases as headings there, and you can click around to get the various ticket reports.
It’s all pretty fluid though. For example, the 2.6.12 release wasn’t really planned, so the minor issues got bumped to 2.6.13, and if a new security release needs to happen quickly, they’ll get bumped again, etc…
I appreciate the kind words. I love bbPress, and I do hope to be able to put a lot more time towards it again!
In reply to: When Support Block Theme?There is a pull request (on GitHub) to bring support for this into bbPress, and I hope to review it soon!
In reply to: Release Notes for 2.6.12👋 Hi there!
It’s mostly still me working on bbPress, with bug reports & help here and there from the community which are always helpful and appreciated!
I simply forgot to update the Codex page, so thank you for asking here 😅
The build & release process is still pretty manual, because it includes updates to multiple WordPress pages & such (as you’ve all noticed here).
(I do read the forums almost every day, and think they work best when I stay out of them and the community helps itself & each other – and moderators like @robin-w are obviously especially helpful.)
No apology necessary!
I think it’s good to post this here, in case it’s related to the most recent bbPress release.
There was a change related to Roles triggering PHP errors with certain plugins active, so it’s plausible that fix broke something else.
Which plugin were you using to make your new roles?
In reply to: BBPRESS 2.6.10!Blog post for 2.6.11 is up!
In reply to: bbPress 2.6.10 – All pages return 404 errorsIf anyone out there needs to quickly do an emergency fix to their live site before updating to 2.6.11, here are the changed lines of code between 2.6.10 and 2.6.11:
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/7272
I’m not advocating for hacking on weird files on live sites, but I understand everyone’s situations are different, and thought maybe this could be helpful to see.
In reply to: bbPress 2.6.10 – All pages return 404 errorsYou’re welcome, Eusebiu. Really sorry about today!
In reply to: bbPress 2.6.10 – All pages return 404 errors2.6.11 is out!
Blog post imminent.
Changelog code page updated.
Sorry everyone 😔
In reply to: bbPress 2.6.10 – All pages return 404 errors2.6.11 will be out later today to fix this.