Forum Replies Created
-
In reply to: Can an admin user unsubscribe a user?
Update: as I was not sure there was no permission or some other setting somewhere that was f*** things up, to be sure I installed a fresh WP install, installed Twenty Seventeen, bbpress, created 2 users (1 admin/keymaster and 1 subscriber), created a Forum and Topic with the admin. I subscribed to the topic with the subscriber.
I still can’t see the button on the basic user profile to unsubscribe him from the topic as an admin. The bug is confirmed.
In reply to: Can an admin user unsubscribe a user?Note that I can see the red “x” button to unsubscribe from topics or forums when I visit my own profile.
In reply to: Can an admin user unsubscribe a user?Hey I have the same question and same issue.
Using a WP theme (tested on Twenty Seventeen, 21, 22, 24) and with bbpress v2.6.17 (troubleshoot mode, no other plugins), when I visit the bbpress profile on the front-end of a user there is no way to unsubscribe them.My profile is Admin + Keymaster.
Another “expected” place where I searched that option was on the back-end profile.
Then I searched the unsubscribe button on the admin page for the specific topic they are subscribed to. There is the subscription metabox (#bbp_topic_subscriptions_metabox) but that simply lists the users. It does not give any “unsubscribe” button. Any reason the topic admin page does not offer that possibility to admin/keymasters.Currently the only way I have to unsub a user is either to go to the database (not acceptable for non-dev, or non-trusted admins), or impersonate that user with a “user switching” plugin (or the Publishpress capabilities that also give that option), visite the topic “as” that user and click unsubscribe.
Any idea on how we could debug that?
Thanks a bunch for taking the time to detail all that.
About translations I am trying to contribute to the official community translations for the plugin in French. I found the culprit strings and added translations for them. https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bbp-style-pack/stable/fr/default/?filters%5Bterm%5D=Moderation+Flag&filters%5Bterm_scope%5D=scope_any&filters%5Bstatus%5D=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filters%5Buser_login%5D=&filter=Apply+Filters&sort%5Bby%5D=priority&sort%5Bhow%5D=desc
Then of course it will only merge when 90+% is translated (and validated), is that correct?I struggled to find it in the codebase at first because I thought it was in bbpress, my bad. It was then helpful to use the translation website. For further reference it was at the time of writing at modtools/bbpress.php#L215 (in bbp style pack plugin of course)
The most frustrating thing with plugins like bbpress/Buddypress ecosystem is undocumented features/hooks and config parameters and the difficulty it puts on users wanting to work with it or even contribute to understand everything and how each piece comes together with the rest of wordpress in a 15 year old codebase… but thanks to people like you we can go further is making those better 👍
Thanks again for the quick answers
This text appears when you visit the forum and read a thread/topic. Inside .bbp-reply-author ul.moderationlinks
Under the Avatar, Pseudonyme, (Ip address) there is then Block User and in english: “Add User Moderation Flag”This line comes from the the bbp styling pack plugin.
https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bbp-style-pack/stable/In reply to: List subscribers of a forumTo anyone stumbling into this thread wondering how the subscriptions are stored in the database, it has been updated.
To find out what users are subscribed to a topic or thread you need to look for the
_bbp_subscriptionmeta_key in the wp_postmeta table. There is one for each user subscribed where meta_value is the ID of the user subscribed.So for example, to know how many users are subscribed to a forum or topic, just count the number of _bpp_subscription metadata present with post_id of the specific forum or topic
I updated an issue about this on bbPress trac: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3355#comment:4
@zee300 can you confirm you are using buddypress?
I’ve noticed exactly the same thing on my install and have reported it on BuddyPress forums.