Solved. I noticed issues with other plugins and I had to deactivate several and then reactivate, etc. to get some of them to activate. So I realized that it was something beyond bbPress and BuddyPress.
I think it was due to my php settings with my host. I changed it using PHP Config in my cpanel to the current version, and everything works fine. It was set to PHP 5.2 (Single php.ini), and changing to PHP 5.4 (Single php.ini) has fixed the problem.
Feel free to delete this topic. I can’t find the option to delete.
I did a new install of WordPress and selected Twenty Thirteen as the theme, then installed Buddypress and bbPress. Everything was working fine. Then I installed Genesis and a child theme and everything is still fine. I am slowly adding plugins to see which one is causing the problem on my other WordPress site.