solved by refreshing wp files.
Both were downloaded yesterday, so the version would be… most current.
Just moved the site from a WPMU to stand-alone. All functioning perfectly after editing and restoring from WPMU SQL before going on to add the bbpress. I did get the bbpress working perfectly before deciding to change from myurl.com/forum to forum.myurl.com so maybe there was residual info left from the first install, even though I dumped all tables and bbpress wares.
I didn’t consider restoring/refreshing WP before re-installing the bbpress. This may be where the issue occurred. I will refresh all WP files then try again.
I looked at my wp-config but lines aren’t numbered so I’ll have to count to 80, I’m on lunch break… thanks for the reply. I will look into detailed info when I get home tonight. I didn’t know that bbpress would alter the wp php files… except to create .htaccess and bb_config
thanks again. and no worries… I’m sure a freshy will fix it… cause it’s got to be on my end, not the software.
btw: when i added the define cookies text from the bb configuration/integration settings page to my wp-config.php, the text I added showed at the top of my site… (an error)