Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Styling Index page – sorting sub-forums, moving description, misc css issues

• bizwizkid22

@bizwizkid22

On my bbp forum at pacificbeach dot me I’m trying to sort forums by order id as I assigned them when creating the forums. The primary forums sorted properly but, sub-forum ordering seems to be ignored. It’s not helpful for there to be any kind of auto-sorting i.e. based on sub-forum popularity.

On this same page it would be great if I could have the bbp-forum-description, currently listed under the sub-forums, to be shown under the bbp-forum-title.

How can I list the sub-forums in a single line order – as even though it eats up more room my users aren’t going to easily figure out how the current listing works.

Lastly, I’d really like to have the ‘Remember Me’ phrase be inline with the checkbox and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that. I’ve been through every stylesheet so many times I think I can quote some of them :p

I’ve spent a good, solid eight hours on these issues so am at a loss :) and would really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• travis.hill
    Participant

@travishill

On this same page it would be great if I could have the bbp-forum-description, currently listed under the sub-forums, to be shown under the bbp-forum-title.

This can be accomplished with modifications to template files.

How can I list the sub-forums in a single line order

This is a style issue. Dig into the CSS and turn those list items into display:list-item; from #content table tbody tr ul.bbp-forums li in bbpress.css on line 285.

You’ll probably want to get rid of the pipe separator, as well.

Pass some $args through bbp_list_forums.

If your using custom templates, locate the loop-single-forum.php file. Somewhere around line 25 you should find the bbp_list_forums function. Pass it some $args like so:

<?php bbp_list_forums(array('separator' => '','show_topic_count' => false, 'show_reply_count' => false)); ?>

I’d really like to have the ‘Remember Me’ phrase be inline with the checkbox

In your stylesheet http://pacificbeach.me/wp-content/themes/jq/lib/css/style_ext.css on line 161, the label rule is throwing it off. Try adding a rule similar to this:

p.rememberme label: display: inline;

That worked for me in Chrome.

Hope I’ve gotten you closer!

bizwizkid22

@bizwizkid22

Thanks for your help travishill. I was able to do all these things today.

Could you help with one more question which is – how do I sort the sub-forums on the home page at pacificbeach dot me/discussions?

The primary forums are sorting fine but, if I name one of them as the parent, and sort the children via putting in a page-order number, this seems to be ignored. Someone eluded to bbp sorting by popularity but, it seems there should be a way to sort these.

Thanks again!

bizwizkid22

@bizwizkid22

I solved this by removing the sub-forums… I’m sure there’s a way to do this but, the time to think it over led me to simplify the forum :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar