Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

*seamless* wordpress integration

• Hiya all,

My question is this. How do I integrate bbpress into wordpress so that it all looks like the same site? Eg. Just like here on bbpress.org there is a “Forums” tab and the forum is opened seemlessly into wp like any other page (but without all the sidebars).

Thanks!

fab

p.s. I need to do the same trick to zenphoto gallery. Would it also work?

Viewing 18 replies - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)

• richbrown

@richbrown

I’m a nebie trying to achieve seamless integration.

I pasted this to the top of the bb-config.

$bb->WP_BB = true;

require_once( ‘/blog/wp-blog-header.php’ );

This is the error message I get.

Warning: require_once(/blog/wp-blog-header.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/endingho/public_html/blog/forum/bb-config.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/blog/wp-blog-header.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home1/endingho/public_html/blog/forum/bb-config.php on line 3

I am using a Thesis theme.

Is there hope for me?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That is a very clear error message: the system cannot find the file you are trying to include in bbPress. You started the file path with /blog. which is an absolute path, starting at the root /. You will probably have more luck with this:

require_once( '/home1/endingho/public_html/blog/wp-blog-header.php' );

The $bb->WP_BB = true; part I am unfamiliar with. But the error is indicating that you have the path wrong.

I was able to perform an integration (not db just a seamless design) using Kenzor’s method:

...in the header I have only:
    <?php get_header(); ?>
    In the footer I have only:
    <?php get_footer(); ?>

However I am not able to login. It takes me to the Add New Topic page without having logged me in.

This is what I added to my bb-config file, apart from it’s own db config

if (file_exists('../wp-blog-header.php'))
    require_once('../wp-blog-header.php');
    else
    if (file_exists('../../wp-blog-header.php'))
    require_once('../../wp-blog-header.php');

Any advice greatly appreciated,

alvar

After reading some more posts on login difficulties, I found that removing require_once('../wp-blog-header.php'); allows me to login. But I need that, to get my header and footer.

Guys, I have to say I imagined it easier! I mean, a user and cookies integration is ready out of the box, but a graphical integration is not that easy.

Anyway, I didn’t really get the solution of Kenzor. The idea behind is quite simple, but I got lost thinking where should the header and footer be.

Yah, it’s pretty disappointing to be honest.

KillerSneak

@killersneak

For the people who can’t login. Here are the steps i have taken to make it work:

BBpress Part

all php files of bbpress

<?php bb_get_header(); ?>

to

<?php get_header(); ?>

and

<?php bb_get_footer(); ?>

to

<?php get_footer(); ?>

:: bb-config.php::

add just before the ?> ending tag:

define(‘WP_BB’, true);

if ( !defined(‘DB_NAME’) ) {

require_once( dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/../wp-config.php’);

}

define(‘WP_BB’, true);

if ( !defined(‘DB_NAME’) ) {

require_once( dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/../wp-blog-header.php’);

}

WordPress Part

::wp-blog-header.php::

at the top add

<?php global $forumpage;

$forumpage = TRUE; ?>

This should at least make the login part work and replace the header + footer and in some cases (depanding on your WP-Theme??) some css

http://test2.cell-systems.net/ <- thats the testing site. It;s 01:05 here now and I need to get into my bed. I hope this at least helps a bit as it seems most people who have it working 100% don’t want to share??>>

KillerSneak

@killersneak

http://test2.cell-systems.net/

test setup working almost flawless, 100% valid CSS and XHTML :)

Allot of css work goes into it to make the WP theme and Bb theme to work. I’m not combining both CSS files to make 1 standart css file.

Great guide. Will try make a theme for it

Hi, 2 problems and I hope you guys can help me out :)

1. I’m getting this error:

Warning: require_once(/hermes/web10/b811/pow.oktearoom/htdocs/forum/htdocs/blog/wp-config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web10/b811/pow.oktearoom/htdocs/forum/bb-config.php on line 66

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/hermes/web10/b811/pow.oktearoom/htdocs/forum/htdocs/blog/wp-config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.2/lib/php’) in /hermes/web10/b811/pow.oktearoom/htdocs/forum/bb-config.php on line 66

I know that i defined the path incorrectly..i want it to say /htdocs/blog/wp-config.php and NOT htdocs/forum/htdocs/blog/wp-config.php

How do i write it without it including the htdocs/forum part. (my blog is on my /blog directory and the forum is in the /forum directory). Sorry, i’m a hug newb but I’d appreciate some guidance.

Problem 2:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /hermes/web10/b811/pow.oktearoom/htdocs/blog/wp-blog-header.php:4) in /hermes/web10/b811/pow.oktearoom/htdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/merchants/paypal_certified.php on line 741

That is showing up at the top of my blog. Any idea on how to tackle that?

Thanks

Bob

Can someone just help me figure out how to type out the format for the location of the wp-config.php in my first problem? thanks.

royshearer

@royshearer

Does having separate WordPress and BBpress databases make calling a WP header from a BB page impossible?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

No, that does not make it impossible. It’s completely unrelated. Start a new topic with your issue and give as much detail as possible.

cnc

@cnc

@ vilimaunula….. where did you include this code? in which file? in which line?

<?php if ($forumpage == TRUE) {

bb_title();

echo ” :.: AKN&I”;

} else …

to add the forum feed:

<?php if ($forumpage == TRUE) bb_feed_head(); ?>

and are you sure this code is right.. for getting bbpress title?

Thanks,

cNc

HI,

I am almost done, however here come the things I can´t fix.

1.- I am not able to sent a comment in the blog, I get this message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-config.php:1) in /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-comments-post.php on line 88

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-config.php:1) in /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-comments-post.php on line 89

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-config.php:1) in /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-comments-post.php on line 90

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-config.php:1) in /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 868

However, the comment is accepted.

2.- I am not able to use the WP dashboard, any option I choose, like edit post, edit pluggins or so, ends in the following error.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-config.php:1) in /mnt/web8/20/59/51979159/htdocs/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 868

3.- I do not have a login/register option in my BBPRESS.

4.- When adding an answer to a post in the BBpress site, I get this message

However, the comment is accepted.

My Blog is http://severus.es and the forums are at http://severus.es/forums.

I am using WP2.9.2 and BBPress 1.02

@severus

The integration shouldn’t affect WordPress.

Hi gerikg

The integration is working already without errors. I just gave up and copied back the backup and suddenly it showed perfect. I do not have an explanation for that, but it works.

Now I am into the details.

— the login/register function did not show, so I took it out of the header and put it on the content and it works. I have still to give a better format that does not get over the content.

— I want to add a Grey background over every second post. No idea how to do it. Any idea?

— I have probably to redo the integration since when I log in WP it log me out in BBpress and viceversa.

— I have to refine some details still (font colors, etc)

The sites are:

WP: http://www.severus.es

BBPress: http://www.severus.es/foro

I won´t add the forums links in the menu until it is 100% integrated.

Thanks a lot for the explanations here.

Learn to use an add-on feature on FireFox browser called FireBug. That can help you with what css line you need to edit (to make the grey background), etc, etc.

Viewing 18 replies - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar