Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

RSS feed for user

• Is there any way to get a feed of the posts of a specific user? Not the favorite posts, just the posts he makes.

Seems odd that this isn’t there, since that’s the primary way I interact with most forums, by following my own posts and threads I’ve commented in.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I’m afraid there is no way.

But really Favorites could help.

One might want to add any topic s/he is interested in to his/her “favorites” list.

Favorites have a custom Rss feed available.

There is also a plugin that automatically sets the post you contribute to as favorites automatically.

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

this feed is not standard in bbpress, but maybe it’s quite easy to add this function (will check this tomorrow)

Very good alternative is to create a private forum section where only 1 user is allowed to post a 1 topic where he can always respond to hes created post about whatever he does at the moment. something like twitter. Then other users can RSS this topic.

Well maybe it is out of theme, but good idea for many others who wishes to alternatively socialize his bbpress.

Interesting. There actually IS an RSS built into your user ID: https://bbpress.org/forums/rss/profile/otto42

But it’s used for your favorites so not so much. You can see all your posts in your profile (recent posts) so in theory this should be ‘exportable’ to RSS.

The rss.php file has this:

// Get latest posts by default
    case 'all-posts':
    default:
    if ( !$posts = bb_get_latest_posts( 35 ) )
    die();
    $title = esc_html( sprintf( __( '%1$s » Recent Posts' ), bb_get_option( 'name' ) ) );
    $link = bb_get_uri();
    $link_self = bb_get_posts_rss_link();
    break;

Which I think you could toss an extra if if ( $user->ID == bb_get_current_user_info( 'id' ) ) but that would only punt out a list of the current user’s posts, and not be a way to see anyones. The structure is there, though.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar