Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Request: Topic Index that excludes specific forums, w correct pagination

• billseymour
    Participant

@billseymour

Hello- First time poster to the bbPress forums.

I am giving bbPress (WP plugin) a good test workout, and overall find it a great piece of work.

I am working up a set of forums where (with the Members plugin) I have a few forums for ‘Board members’, while most forums are for all members.

Q: Is there a way to generate a topic-index that excludes selected forums, that correctly paginates? I can easily exclude topics in ‘forum xyz’ by customizing loop-topics.php, but the topic pagination still includes those excluded topics in the pagination count.

It seems to me that many bbP users would benefit from the ability to list selected topics by excluding forums (ie, topics for all forums except forum-xyz).

Can this possibly be done via wp_query? Is the ‘forum name’ attached to each topic a Custom Field?

Thanks for any information. –Bill

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

It seems to me that many bbP users would benefit from the ability to list selected topics by excluding forums (ie, topics for all forums except forum-xyz).

+1

At bbPress 1.0 this could be done this way, array( ‘exclude’ => ‘-3,-7,-12’ ) but for some reason this doesn’t work anymore in bbPress 2.0

I need something similar.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar