Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing all Bozo data from my database

• I am on 0.9.0.2 and I’m still having Bozo problems even though I deleted the Bozo plugin completely. I think it’s because my first version of bbPress was 0.83, and there’s some legacy Bozo stuff in my database.

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of all Bozo-related data from a bbPress database?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I tried DarkGrave’s suggestion to remove these lines from bb-settings.php:

require( BBPATH . BBINC . ‘bozo.php’);

&&

require( BBPATH . BBINC . ‘akismet.php’);

Bozo – what are the triggers?

But those lines weren’t in my settings file.

I also deleted the meta record from bb_usermeta, but that didn’t help either.

What bozo problems are you having?

You may not need to yank everything out. I think you should be able to just turn off the plugin and move on, but obviously if you’re having specific issues there’s something more to it.

A user somehow got marked as a Bozo, and now her comments show up only to her.

I disabled and deleted the plugin, but she’s still somehow marked as a Bozo and her posts aren’t showing up to anyone except for her.

If you add “?view=all” to the end of a URL with her topic/post in it, her comments then show up.

John Conners
    Participant

@johnconners

To stop all users from being marked as bozos you’ll need to run the following SQL scripts (you mentioned you did this above but thought I’d put the exact statements in to make sure you didn’t miss anything):

delete from bb_usermeta where meta_key = ‘is_bozo’;

delete from bb_usermeta where meta_key = ‘bb_bozo_topics’;

And to un-bozo all topics and posts you’ll need to run the following scripts:

delete from bb_topicmeta where meta_key = ‘bozos’;

update bb_topics set topic_status = 0 where topic_status = 2;

update bb_posts set post_status = 0 where post_status = 2;

I’d back your database up first though just to be on the safe side but the above should do the trick. I suspect the topic totals will be out of sync once you do this so you’ll need to recount the totals from the admin section.

Probably version 0.9.0.3 might support Bozo-related data from a bbPress database?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar