Categories
Search
Bottom

I have created a bbPress starter theme with a phpBB look and feel

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Hey all,

I thought I would have a go at creating a quick and easy theme for people to get started using bbPress. This was built fairly quickly using one of my other themes (which are based off the default bbPress files).

If you want to check it out then have a look at: http://www.epicwebs.co.uk/content/bbpress-theme-invision-or-phpbb-feel or check it out on github https://github.com/EpicWebs/bbPress-starter-theme-epicwebs.

The theme allows you to get more of a phpBB or invision look to your forum. It uses the functions I posted previously on bbPress.org along with some css to get the forum looking nice by installing the theme. The forum should be pretty fluid so it will fit any width of site.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Viewing 3 replies - 126 through 128 (of 128 total)

• peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

no problem, I have been trying to figure out both word and bbpress and am slowly getting to grips with it, but it is not easy mate I know.

Here is a link to the forum I am building for a client, I call the theme BBFacelook, if you would like to know how to add any of the features I have added just say so, but then you better make a new thread.

BBFacelook

Good luck with your forum.

Peter Hamilton

JimiC
    Participant

@jimic

Hi, i installed your theme and really like it, but somethings are a litlle messy, reply lines are divided in half, and some other small things.
    The theme is inside my child-theme, and i don´t know why any modifications to the bbpress.css don´t take effect, do you know why?

christicehurst
    Participant

@christicehurst

I love the look and idea of this theme but I need help in order to make it look good enough for my web site.

1. I want to remove the Grey and White boards and change it to just white.

2. I want to change the Forum Category from Grey to a light color.

3. I’m still trying to look for a way to pt Forum icons for each forum board but nothing has worked so far. Im surprised no one has come up with a working idea or even a plugin.

Viewing 3 replies - 126 through 128 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.