Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cookie integration for wordpress

• thierryyyyyyy
    Participant

@thierryyyyyyy

I made a plugin that allows you to change wordpress cookie path&domain (and even cookieHash) to suit the need of bbPress.

My configuration was not “simple” :

wordPress : http://www.2diabolos.com/blog

bbPress : forum.2diabolos.com

everything is explained here.

http://www.2diabolos.com/blog/2007/04/06/nouveau-plugin-setcookieparams/

BUT I have a problem :

on my local server (for tests), I tried my plugin.

it works … for bbPress front-page and admin page, but not for topics and other “deeper” pages.

I put “cookie domain == false” (because cookie must not have domain when you are a “local server”, that what I understood from the standard)

I don’t understand why the frontpage appears nicely, and why, when I try to go into a topic, Firefox tells me that the server redirects the request in way that can’t go nowhere. And IE does not achieve anything (I prefer Firefox, it better for debugging…)

Firefox tells it can be a problem with cookie acceptance or desactivation.

I feel that bbPress is making a round (infinite) redirection ….

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • There’s an easier way to do this, just put in the right domain.

//cookies
    define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.2diabolos.com');

Or

//cookies
    define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'forum.2diabolos.com');

If you go with the first, in my opinion neater version, you also need to add this to bbPress’ config.php.

//try to sync cookies
    $bb->cookiedomain = '.2diabolos.com';
    $bb->cookiepath = '/';

Then clear your cookies, log out and in and see if it works across your site.

thierryyyyyyy
    Participant

@thierryyyyyyy

on 2diabolos.com, everything is working fine. And actually, my wordpress plugin allow me to make what you propose (cookie_domaine = ‘.2diabolos.com’ and cookie_path = “/” for wordpress and bbPress)

But on “localhost” (my computer), cookie_domain = “false” and cookie_path = “/” works fine for the front-page, but not for topic pages … that’s not normal (to my opinion). But perhaps someone have an explanation ….

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar