Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress – iphone layout squashed HELP

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

you have to use css to make it look better

maybe removing the topic count and voice count under a certain width using @media

melanie bund
    Participant

@melanie-bund

Hi
    Could you point me in the right direction as it seems that everything has to be changed to make it responsive – There seems to be a 10px padding on the left where the search button half hides under, the forum table aligns there but there is a large space on the right which is where the sidebar that has diplay:none on iphone – so i suppose need to make the forum full page without sidebar in iphone view.
    I also see there is more than one style sheet
    So any help would be appreciated
    Thank you
    Melanie

Robkk

@robkk

as it seems that everything has to be changed to make it responsive

not really bbpress is technically responsive , its just the tabled layout of the title , stats , and freshness needs a better look for mobile.

There seems to be a 10px padding on the left where the search button half hides under

well i fixed that by floating the whole search form left instead of right. but i dont know how to fix this at the moment, id have to fiddle around with your sites css in my browser to find whats causing it.

the forum table aligns there but there is a large space on the right which is where the sidebar that has diplay:none on iphone – so i suppose need to make the forum full page without sidebar in iphone view.

well normally themes have there sidebar display under their main content when it reaches a certain width. Check out and see if your theme is suppose to do this normally.

I also see there is more than one style sheet

bbpress.css is the main one you have to edit , (put it into child theme in a css folder, wp-content>yourtheme>css)

bbpress.min is the minified version

bbpress.rtl is the version of bbpress.css that users from area that read right to left use.

Robkk

@robkk

a thing you could do is hide the search button and add a placeholder so users know what it is, and also make it kind of like wordpress search in terms of looks.

copy form-search.php into your child theme and overwrite the code with this.

<?php

/**
     * Search 
     * @package bbPress
     * @subpackage Theme
     */

?>

<form role="search" method="get" id="bbp-search-form" action="<?php bbp_search_url(); ?>">
    	<div>
    		<label class="screen-reader-text hidden" for="bbp_search"><?php _e( 'Search for:', 'bbpress' ); ?></label>

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="bbp-search-request" />
    		<input placeholder="Search the forums" tabindex="<?php bbp_tab_index(); ?>" type="text" value="<?php echo esc_attr( bbp_get_search_terms() ); ?>" name="bbp_search" id="bbp_search" />
    	</div>
    </form>

melanie bund
    Participant

@melanie-bund

Thanks so much for your help – will have a play around and see what i can fix
    Melanie

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar