bbpress 2.2.4 user profile pages so many serious issues
Hello, I am using lates bbpress 2.2.4 plugin with wordpress 3.5.1, php 5.4.3 & php 5.3.2.
This plugin is showing me many issues specially for user pages (profile, edit, etc.)
I am using twenty twelve theme, very little customized.
1) I wanted to set a different sidebar for bbpress forum pages than other wordpress pages, so I checked and found the default template used by bbpress is ‘page.php’. I copied it, renamed to ‘forum.php‘ and added a new dynamic sidebar and commented default sidebar. It worked fine and now I can set any widget to this sidebar. I have checked that either I place ‘forum.php’ or ‘forums.php’ both working fine similar. Not sure which one is more correct.
2) On the bbpress users pages the profile content and edit form is not displaying full in widht cutting as its width overridden by sidebar, breaking layout. The content area ‘primary’ div is given a width in theme and having ‘secondary’ as sidebar. All other contents properly adjusted on every bbpress pages, but only this bbpress user profile edit page have the issue. The form should also be adjusted within the content area. Ex. url: http://mysite.com/forums/users/testuser/edit
3) Now, suppose to fix the issue mentioned above in point 3), I want to remove sidebar from users pages and give the primary content area more full width, how I can do it? One way is to forcibly hide the sidebar with css and make primary content wider with !important. But I want a way to change user pages template. Is it possible to have different template for user pages than bbpress other pages? I found that users pages also generating using ‘page.php’, in my case ‘forum.php’ template now. I tried alot by copying and changing ‘page.php’ to ‘user.php’, ‘users.php’, etc. but its not working. Please let me know how can I set user pages to use a different template file and rest bb pages use my forum.php or forums.php whatever.
4) For any user when I click ‘topic started’ or ‘replies created’ link, both show counts properly but the table didn’t appear. I checked in firebug, it present there but hidden somehow. Same issue mentioned here http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/profile-topics-or-replies-posts-not-being-displayed/ , I tried with the same thing, but till now no proper solution there. Please let me know proper way to fix it.
5) If suppose I want to completely hide the user-profile links on all bbpress forum/topic authors, on all bb pages, I mean want to display only author gravatars and usernames but want no link on them, so other people cannot go to their profile pages, how can I do that? A little help given here http://forum.graphene-theme.com/graphene-support/show-the-author-but-hide-its-link, but its not working properly. But I think it can be done with right filters in the same way. Please let me know with sample code.
6) Used the official facebook plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook/ , and displayed the like button, like box for my facebook page using it in my site footer, header etc. But I found that on the user pages like edit profile, profile view etc. facebook widgets are completely disabled and not visible. On other bbpress forum pages they are displaying well. I checked with page source and found even facebook sdk is not embeded in page source. Their must be an conflict on bbpress user pages with facebook sdk which stopping it to be enqueued. This need to be checked and fixed.
These all issues mentioned here are serious issues with bbpress specially for user pages and must be solved and have proper solutions.
I dont expect from a single person to answer or fix all of above points, but hope different people will help me for different points (just mentioning points in their replies).
Further I expect from bbpress authors to work on these issues and release a fixed version. May be some of above points just because of lack some documentation, so they can mention some solution in its FAQ itself, so people having same problems can get help without searching or posting here in forum.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.