Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

← Back to discussions link goes to home page

• msjulian
    Participant

@msjulian

I have bbpress installed on a WP multisite installation. Everything seems to be working very well except the ← Back to discussions link. It directs to the multisite home page. I have the forum displayed on a page named discussions with the short code. I have the slug in the forum settings set to discussions. I have the permalinks set to post name. I for the life of can’t seem to get the link to work correctly.

http://onthedyno.com/GM-LS-motor/forums/

Please help…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

i dont recommend using that envato author support forum theme , unless you are at least selling a product from envato or want a support forum and know how to remove what you dont want from the envato theme.

plus the envato theme hasnt been updated in 2 years.

newdermeo
    Participant

@newdermeo

I am having this problem too. And, I am not sure how to start a new topic on your site. Maybe you can advise me on that. I am registered, I think.

Robkk

@robkk

@newdermeo

hover over bbpress.org in the toolbar there should be a dropdown that says create new topic

or click the forum you want to create your topic in the forum list in the sidebar and scroll to the bottom of the page and create a new topic from there.

jules.maas
    Participant

@julesmaas-1

ok, I am having this problem, too. I don’t see an actual solution in this thread. (Was the site theme the problem?)

My testsite is here: ttp://www.maaspublications.net/testsite/client/groups/webinar-participants/forum/topic/i-have-questions-lots-lots-of-questions/

This is making my clients BONKERS and I may have to find another forum solution if I can’t get this to work. 🙁 Thanks for your help.

jules.maas
    Participant

@julesmaas-1

ok, I just discovered the solution on another forum. In your WordPress Appearance menu, go to Editor and find meta-single-topic.php and locate the following code:

<a href="<?php echo home_url() ?>">&larr; Back to discussions</a>

Change it to:

<a href="<?php echo home_url() ?>/forums">&larr; Back to discussions</a>

Or enter the forum URL manually.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar