Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Yellow error message appears

• thomasgran
    Participant

@thomasgran

I have a problem with an errror message appearing when I’ve had a thread open for some time and then post an answer to that thread, an error message appears saying something like “Error: are you sure that is what you want to do?”. When I go back to the page in the browser and klick Send again, it works. The site has WP version 6.0 installed with bbPress version 2.6.9. Unfortunately I cannot post link to the site since it is on an intranet.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

This is a WordPress error, usually associated with a failed nonce (short for ‘number once’).

These nonce keys are generated for your website to verify that, for example, a script is run by you, and not an external source. This prevents intruders from altering or abusing your forms, URLs, AJAX calls, etc.

amongst many times, a nonce will be generated when you land on a bbpress page with a form on it – eg a new topic or new reply form.

This article explains possible causes

fixing error

In your case I’d suspect that this is not caused by a plugin or theme, but rather through expiration of the nonce through either other actions eg possibly you moving away from the page creating the nonce and then going back to it, or possibly a memory limit.

I look at 2, 3 & 5 first

thomasgran
    Participant

@thomasgran

Thank you! I will check it out.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar