Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

XenForo Import Loop – “Converting anonymous topic authors”

• UserCentrix
    Participant

@usercentrix

Import gets stuck in a loop at stage 8. I posted this here before the weekend, but my post seems to have disappeared.

Since, I have upgraded the XenForo forum to the latest version. Now it says there are no users to import at step 3 (there are many) and the import is still getting stuck in an infinite loop at stage 8.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Ricsca2
    Participant

@ricsca2

i also have this problem but with vbulletin 4

Ricsca2
    Participant

@ricsca2

Anyone who can answer me? from Vbulletin 4 to bbpress reloads me infinitely step 8!
    How can I disable step 8?

Ricsca2
    Participant

@ricsca2

I solved!!! when it goes into loop you have to pause, set 0 in the lines to import field, restart the import, wait 2 seconds and pause again. then reset to 100 and restart.

m1ngum0u
    Participant

@m1ngum0u

@Ricsca2 you’ve made my day! I was trying to solve this stuck import for couple of days but your simple solution just blow my mind xD
    Thanks a lot!
    Best wishes,
    Ivan

kazemguru
    Participant

@kazemguru

@Ricsca2 You made my day!
    It worked also for importing PHPBB 3.x to BBpress
    Thank you

donerz
    Participant

@donerz

Thanks !

works on SMF too

Keith
    Participant

@sononaco

If this happens to you and you switch the number to zero but it doesn’t work and if you check your logs you will see this:

Uncaught DivisionByZeroError: Division by zero in []/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/classes/class-bbp-converter.php:390

Use phpMyAdmin or your favorite DBM flavor and go into wp_options.

Manually change the row “_bbp_converter_rows” from zero to whatever you initially had. Be sure to update it in the converter pane as well otherwise the original value will not take.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.