Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WYSIWYG Editor Breaks When Hitting “Reply”

• Primitiv Media
    Participant

@nicolasmontigny

Hi there, when going to any forum discussion and hitting the reply” button within the bbp-reply-header it brings you to the #new-post section but the WYSIWYG editor breaks and you have to click on visual again (I hid text) in order to regenerate the HTML. It seems to remove parts of the editor when clicked. Here is a direct link where the issue can be reproduced. Any help is greatly appreciated!

HAIR LOVE Trailer

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

thanks for posting. The site needs access to replicate so cannot be reproduced without.

bbpress does not have a WYSIWYG editor by default, so what code/plugin are you using to get this? I’d suspect your theme may be doing this, and therefore may be creating the problem.

You also have an error in your theme (Use of undefined constant bbp_reply_id ), which is either code you have added to what looks like a parent theme, or an error in the theme itself.

I’d suggest that you prove this by

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then if it is theme contact the theme author as it is a paid theme

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar