Categories
Search
Bottom

WPML and bbPress. Topics started, favorites and subscriptions don’t work

• alingrad
    Participant

@alingrad

Hi,

I just installed on a test domain WordPress, bbPress and WPML. All are updated to the latest versions. I don’t use any other plugins and the theme is also the default one, Twenty Sixteen.

I setup 2 languages: german as default and english. So the URLs are like this.

website.com
    website.com/en

I posted some topics in bbPress in both languages and I can see them per language, which is what I want. On the german version I see only the german posts and on the english version I see only the english post.

Of course, a problem may be with the bbPress slugs settings. I cannot translate them but I can live with them.

What I noticed is that when I go to profile and try to see the “Topics Started”, “Favorites” and “Subscriptions”, I see only a message that I don’t have any of those, although on the main Profile page shows that I have started 11 topics.

That might be also a problem because it counts the topics from both languages. But I can live with that also, for the moment.

I switched the languages and I made english default. After doing this, everything worked fine in english but not anymore in german, because german became the second language.

Basically, I can see the “Topics Started”, “Favorites” and “Subscriptions” only for the default language.

Only “Replies Created” show up for both languages.

I also attached some screenshots.

I also changed the theme from Twenty Sixteen to Twenty Fifteen and also Twenty Fourteen. Same problem.

I setup another test website as WP Multisite, without WPML and everything works properly. I had to install another plugin to connect both languages. But I would like to use WPML and a single website, if this is possible.

I hope there is a fix for this. bbPress is the most used forum and WPML should be able to handle it.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best Regards,
    Alin

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • WPML have a bbPress plugin you need to use, they don’t publish it publicly, you need to ask them for a copy of it, that should fix any WPML and bbPress compatibility issues you’re having.

alingrad
    Participant

@alingrad

Hi,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I posted this also on the WPML forum and they asked for server access.

I provided this and I’m waiting for an answer. 🙂

I hope it will work. If not, I have to switch to WP multisite but I’m not quite comfortable with us.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Alin

No problem, let me know how it works out 🙂

Hi @alingrad,
    Would you mind giving me an update? How did it work out?
    Thanks, Pascal.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar