Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP/bb Intergration – WP Functions/Plugins

• Hi

I am running WP 2.7.1 and bbPress 0.9.4 and have completed “deep” integration of the two (cookies, logins, users, wp functions).

A major component I use is a WP Plugin called “Featured Content Gallery” and I am trying to fuse it into bbPress. I have added the code and it *half works*. That is; none of the images, nor the description appear but oddly enough the title shows.

My question is then, has anyone actually done this? If so how OR Is it even possible?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I have the same problem only I am running BP 1.0. I get the box to show up with the loading bar but no images. I posted on the Featured Content Gallery forum but I have had no reply yet. It seems like it supports 2.7 MU but not 2.7.1 MU? I wish someone had a solution!

bbPress de-registers all API hooks at initialisation. That means that WP plugin code is available, but none of it’s API calls are set to go off anymore.

The best solution is to port the original plugin to bbPress and deliberately hook into it’s distinct API hooks. Very few WP plugins will “just work” with bbPress.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar