Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP Integration: can’t access Admin section

• I thought I’d jumped through all the hoops; I’ve managed to get everything integrated on the front end but when I go to access the forum admin section now I get a blank page.

Since being able to access the forum admin section I’ve changed <?php bb_get_header(); ?> to <?php get_header(); ?> in the bbPress theme files, moved require_once('../wp-blog-header.php'); up to the top of my config file.

If I remove require_once('../wp-blog-header.php'); from my config file I can access the admin section.

Any ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do you have access to any server logs? A blank page usually indicates a 500 Syntax Error, so it would be helpful to see what that is.

Hi Chris, I’ve got access to access logs, if that would help.

It appears to be .htaccess related. If I remove the .htaccess file from the WP directory my forum is accessible.

I’ve forgotten the timeline of what I was working on now (can’t multitask very well!) but it’s possibly related to this plugin that I’ve installed to get rid of a 404 problem: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/strange-redirections-and-404s-after-wp-integration

Although when I deactivate this plugin it doesn’t make any difference. Here’s the htaccess file:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^forum/topic /forum/topic.php [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^forum/forum /forum/forum.php [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^forum/tags /forum/tags.php [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^forum /forum/index.php [QSA,L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Oh, I’ve just noticed this all written by the plugin!! Ha. I’ll remove it and see what happens.

Edit: strange, I’ve deactivated the plugin and remove the code from the .htacess file, and the forum is accessible. But I was also expecting to start getting the 404 errors again, and I’m not.

I expect I have not got to the end of this problem

Edit 2: Indeed, my WP permalinks aren’t working now. This integration thing really is an up hill battle.

Actually it’s not just can’t login into admin area, it’s can’t appear to login to forum at all.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar