Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP database password changed, bbpress error

• tierarepro
    Participant

@tierarepro

I changed my WordPress database password and when I try to login I get the following error on wp-login.php

{"success":false,"data":[{"code":"bbp_converter_db_connection_failed","message":"Database connection failed."}]}

and on error.log

[14-Dec-2020 08:43:29 UTC] PHP Warning: register_shutdown_function(): Invalid shutdown callback 'BBP_Converter_DB::__destruct' passed in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/classes/class-bbp-converter-db.php on line 33

I tried to delete and reinstall bbpress plugin, but it didn’t help.
    Any idea what is going on?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• tierarepro
    Participant

@tierarepro

I originally migrated the forums from phpBB, but that was a over a year ago so I would think that would not be relevant anymore. I don’t know what the converter has to do with anything anymore.

tierarepro
    Participant

@tierarepro

If I rename the bbpress directory from FTP, then I can login. WordPress has disabled the plugin because it can’t find the path. Then if I rename it back to bbpress and activate the plugin, everything is working fine.

If I logout and try to login again, the same error happens, so there is something wrong with bbpress that is affecting the login process.

tierarepro
    Participant

@tierarepro

I have WordPress 5.6 and bbpress 2.6.6

Robin W

@robin-w

is this just you logging in as keymaster? can you set up a participant and see if they have the same issue ?

tierarepro
    Participant

@tierarepro

It only happens to my account as keymaster. I tested with another as participant and it logs in just fine.

tierarepro
    Participant

@tierarepro

I created a new user with administrator and keymaster privileges and everything works fine when using that account. I removed the old admin account just to be sure.

I still have no idea what was the problem with the old account.

Robin W

@robin-w

I took a look at that file, and I can’t see why it would be an issue, but clearly it was !

Anyway glad you are fixed 🙂

tierarepro
    Participant

@tierarepro

Actually, it was not fixed.
    Many other users have reported the same issue now.

What is weird that some users can log in normally, but for some it throws that same error page.

{"success":false,"data":[{"code":"bbp_converter_db_connection_failed","message":"Database connection failed."}]}

Robin W

@robin-w

can you just confirm that you have changed the password in wp-config.php as well?

tierarepro
    Participant

@tierarepro

You mean the database password? Yes, of course. I don’t think anything would work if WordPress couldn’t access the database.

Robin W

@robin-w

always pays to check how someone did something 🙂

the code that is being called at that point just loads the worpdress access details, so that loaded from wordpress.

I’d suggest a chat with your host provider to see if they know anything in their set up that might have cached an old version.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar