WP cookies and user_login/user_nicename
My problem is that only users without caps in “user_login” can post to the forum.
The first sign of the problem after pressing “Submit” is in “validate_auth_cookie()” in “class.wp-auth.php” (via “bb-auth()” in “bb-posts.php”).
Specifically, the call to “get_user()” around line 77 is returning false, exiting at line 288 in “class.wp-users.php” .
To cover some of the obvious questions:
– I have flushed cookies and tried this on multiple browsers
– I have inserted the lines into bb-config.php that were suggested by the WP bbPress integration plugin
– I have all the secret keys defined on both sides
– I have “define(‘WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION’, 1);” in bb-config.php
– I am using deep integration, but get the same result without it
– I get the same result with the standard bbPress theme
UPDATE: it really is about the caps. For user_nicename “reboot”…
– user_login = rebootzzz CAN post
– user_login = rebootZZZ can NOT post
– user_login = Reboot can NOT post
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.