Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP blog went down after editing wp-config with cookietrail

• Hey,

I was trying to install bbPress, and it went smoothly through setting up the bbPress Integration plugin. After setting it up, I went to add the cookiepath to the wp-config.php file as it said. It didn’t say where to put it, so I opened it up in Notepad, added it to the end, saved it, and reuploaded it. As soon as I did that, I got:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp() in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-blog-header.php on line 14

I tried removing it and reuploading the file, but it did no good. How do I get this fixed? Thanks!

Edited to add: the forums still work, but the blog gets the fatal error.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If the blog does not work, and you edited the wp-config.php, I would guess that the edit there was done incorrectly. Either that or the integration you did was not done correctly. Hard to tell what might be wrong without seeing it, and posting and edited version here might destroy some of the evidence.

Do you have an editor with syntax highlighting that might be able to point out a simple error?

Just opened in DW, and there was no syntax highlighting.

Could the problem be opening it in Wordpad(thought it was notepad originally, but turns out it’s wordpad)?

Got it, it was WordPad giving me a formatting error. Re-did the lines and it works perfectly now. Thanks for leading me towards that Chris!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Wordpad is evil. For plain text, better to use notepad or the far better, for syntax highlighting, notepad++

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar