WP & bbPress integration: what would you do?
Here’s the situation: I’m moving a membership site from an old static HTML site w/ a phpBB forum over to a WordPress install and a bbPress forum. The WordPress site is set up, users added, membership issues handled w/ the WishList Member plugin, and my phpBB › bbPress conversion questions have been answered; my questions are about integrating that newly converted bbPress w/ the WordPress.
- Is it possible to use WP 2.8.4 and bbPress 1.0.2, or should I stick with bbPress 0.9?
- Is there any way to integrate the two that would allow for a continuous login?
- And perhaps the biggest question is: how do I upload/merge the converted bbPress database with the existing WP database?
- And once that’s done, how to deal with the disparity of users in WP with the old bbPress?
One idea I have is to create a new bbPress install that’s integrated with WP, and then once the conversion of the old forum is complete, to try to import that data into the existing install. Would that make sense?
Or, is it possible to just have the two databases separate, but use plugins (assuming I’m sticking with 0.9) to create the continuous login? Is that even possible? How would that share user data?
So, what would you do if you were in my shoes? Thanks for all your help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.