Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP 6.1.1?

• kfeuerherm
    Participant

@kfeuerherm

I’m looking for a forum discussion plug-in for my multisite, which is now at WP 6.1.1. I’ve been trying wpforo but I’m having issues with it so hoping this might be an alternative….

I get a warning saying bbpress hasn’t been tested with 6.1.1, so I’ve not yet tried to instal it. Wondering whether anyone here can offer any advice on that? Is it in testing, will it be soon, or should I not worry?

I’m being cautious, particularly as wpforo doesn’t seem to want to network deactivate, among other things….

Many thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress works fine with 6.1.1, but in itself doesn’t like block themes.

If you are using a block theme, then this additional plugin adds that.

bbp style pack

and also adds lots of options to style and functionality which you will probably want.

The latest release of style pack has multisite functionality, but we are just ironing out a final few bugs, so I’d wait for bbp-style-pack 5.2.8 before having it in a live site

kfeuerherm
    Participant

@kfeuerherm

Thanks very much for the prompt reply!

I’m not sure what constitutes ‘block theme’… using Unos Publisher at the moment. But if the style pack fixes whatever I suppose it’s not a big issue.

As for live… well, I have a half dozen friends functioning as a think tank for a novel, and it’s a private site. So I imagine the risk is pretty low in that regard. I’d like to get something up and running sooner rather than later so as not to kill the enthusiasm!

I know from experience that programming projects can take longer than one might anticipate, but with all due caveats, do you have an expectation for release on 5.2.8?

Robin W

@robin-w

do you have an expectation for release on 5.2.8?

today or tomorrow ! – known minor issue – just need to write 6 lines of code, test and release !

kfeuerherm
    Participant

@kfeuerherm

Wow, whiplash!! Great… I’m looking over the base plug-in now 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar