Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Workaround for Spam Filters?

• jacuzzy
    Participant

@jacuzzy

This might be a preposterous question, but I’m going to try asking anyway.

So I’m trying to get bbPress to send out emails when a new reply has been posted in a topic. This feature appears to work fine when the subscribed members have yahoo or hotmail, etc addresses. When a member with my school’s .edu address subscribes, no email notifications are received. Nothing in junk or spam filters either. I figure it must be getting caught in some other spam filter/firewall I don’t have access to. Regardless, a majority of users on the site I am working on will be users in educational settings (IE, Profs, Drs, and students), and I’m afraid that since my school’s filter is catching these notification emails, other users on my site will also not be able to receive notification emails.

Is there any way I can make the notification emails “less spammy” or something? Something to make it less likely to get caught by spam filters?

I know it’s got nothing to do with the .edu extension. I managed to send it to a friend’s .edu email from a different university. I picked up this project part-way through, but I am pretty sure no code changes have been made to the plugin.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • This has nothing to do with bbPress (or WordPress), you will need to contact the email/systems/network administrator of the school and work with them to allow the forum subscription emails.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar