Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

work with simple membership plugin

• ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

I have already got simple membership plugin installed and understand bbpress can integrate with it but not having much joy with it.

I want users to login to the forum to be able to create a topic which then can be approved by admin if that is possible?

Can bbpress work with simple membership plugin so users don’t have to sign up again to use bbpress forum if they want to post a topic? If so how do I set it up please?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I have already got simple membership plugin installed and understand bbpress can integrate with it but not having much joy with it.

generally? or just the issues below?

I want users to login to the forum to be able to create a topic which then can be approved by admin if that is possible?

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>moderation>tick and save

then in

dashboard>settings>forums set to moderate all posts, but below that only moderate topics

Can bbpress work with simple membership plugin so users don’t have to sign up again to use bbpress forum if they want to post a topic? If so how do I set it up please?

once signed in with simple membership, they should be able to do this

ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

The issues I am having with it is below

1) On https://beechwoodsolutions.co.uk/sites/tftdirectorysite/forums/forum/forum/ I login and it redirects me to the wordpress default login page at https://beechwoodsolutions.co.uk/sites/tftdirectorysite/wp-login.php but if I click back in the browser, it has logged me in and I can post a new topic but don’t want front end users to see the default wordpress login page, I just want them to login and then create a new topic

Will that plugin bbp style pack solve the issue I am having with it?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, suspect that the membership plugin or another plugin is affecting that.

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

Thank you, I’ll try the health check plugin.

I was going to say, do you think it could be because the bbpress plugin has only been tested up to wordpress version 5.9.5 and I am using 6.0.3?

ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

I have installed that plugin and it disabled all plugins and switched the theme I’m using so enabled the plugins again and switched the theme to the one I am using and did not see any notices appear in troubleshooting mode, hopefully I did it right as was not really sure what I was looking for to be honest

ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

I had another go and doing one at a time and checking the front end and after enabling each one, the forum page is blank apart from having the header and footer

The only time the forum page displays correctly is when I enable the advanced custom fields plugin but unsure if that helps as I need to logout as admin to then see if solves the issue but then same happens as I’m not logged in as admin any more

I’m getting bit confused on what to do and unsure what plugin if any is causing the issue or if it’s the theme as getting quite lost to be honest as I don’t use wordpress often

Robin W

@robin-w

I was going to say, do you think it could be because the bbpress plugin has only been tested up to wordpress version 5.9.5 and I am using 6.0.3?

bbpress works fine with 6.0.3

Robin W

@robin-w

I had another go and doing one at a time and checking the front end and after enabling each one, the forum page is blank apart from having the header and footer

The only time the forum page displays correctly is when I enable the advanced custom fields plugin but unsure if that helps as I need to logout as admin to then see if solves the issue but then same happens as I’m not logged in as admin any more

I’m getting bit confused on what to do and unsure what plugin if any is causing the issue or if it’s the theme as getting quite lost to be honest as I don’t use wordpress often

ok, your issue was if I understood it that the bbpress login sent you to the wordpress login?

Robin W

@robin-w

I need to logout as admin to then see if solves the issue

in which case you will need to not use the health check plugin and actually deactivate the plugins

if you open two sessions of your browser by opening one and then clicking ‘shift’ and open again, it will open two browsers, so one can be logged in as admin and the other not.

you can then test to see what is causing the login issue

ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

Yeah that’s it, I enter my username and password and click login and it directs me to wp-login.php page but if I click back in the browser, it has logged me in and I can the create a new topic

I just need it to login and go to the create new topic on the page, hope that makes sense

ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

I’m worried if I deactivate the plugins, it will break the site and not knowing enough about wordpress I don’t want to mess it all up and have to start it all again

Robin W

@robin-w

You should not do anything you are not happy with.

I’d suspect it is a simple membership issue, but cannot be certain.

Not sure I can help further

Robin W

@robin-w

just did a quick google – looks like you need to buy this

Simple Membership – bbPress Forum Integration Addon

ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

Ahh I did think I may need to buy that but would I need to buy it for up to 5 sites as the $39.95 is for a single site but then when I come to put the site live, it will be a different domain name so guessing that will be classed as two sites as guessing single site means one domain name?

Robin W

@robin-w

can’t tell you – this is a paid plugin and nothing to do with bbpress – you’d need to ask them

ianhaneybs
    Participant

@ianhaneybs

No worries, thank you for all your help and time, really appreciate it

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar