Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress-MU and BBPress

• bollywoodchutney

@bollywoodchutney

Hello everyone

Am I right in presuming that BBPress works just as well with WordPress-MU as it does with WordPress?

thanks

Amit

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• bollywoodchutney

@bollywoodchutney

Perhaps my questions needs clarity. I’m aware of the plugin that enables the same username to have a blog and to post in forums. However, are profiles and avatars also consistent?

Nothing jumps out at me, but there are ‘gravatar’ and ‘mybloglog’ plugins that use more ‘global’ avatars versus and internal system. As for profiles, there isn’t anything to use a combined profile, that I know of….

Trent

Combined profiles don’t work, but at least it uses the user database just as it should.

It also syncs the cookies if you do it right, so single sign on works too.

Lifeischoice
    Participant

@lifeischoice

I have been looking for how bbpress.org site integrates bbpress and wordpress? so far no luck…any help will be super….

The first and easiest is integrating the user base so that if you are logged into one, you are created and logged into the other! What are you hoping to find out and accomplish with integration?

Trent

Lifeischoice
    Participant

@lifeischoice

I am also interested in this type of integration where it seems you have not left the site to go from blog to forum etc….same theme for both? any help for this type of integration will be nice..

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar