Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress integration.. again

• Hi,

I’ve gone through the process twice now and each time I create an account in WordPress it doesn’t log me into the forum automatically or create a user in the forums user table in MySQL.

Can anyone help me here?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What version of WordPress are you using?

What version of bbPress are you using?

Did you upgrade from an older version of WP?

Did you upgrade from an older version of BBP?

Which steps or tutorial did you take?

Do you use shared hosting service?

Does your server use php5 and is it active?

Are you using BuddyPress?

Did you setup user role map in bbPress under WordPress integration settings? http://wpwebhost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/userrolemap.png

Hey!

What version of WordPress are you using?

Version 2.9.2

What version of bbPress are you using?

Did you upgrade from an older version of WP?

Fresh WordPress install.

Did you upgrade from an older version of BBP?

Fresh BBPress install.

Which steps or tutorial did you take?

All of them it seems.

Do you use shared hosting service?

Yup.

Does your server use php5 and is it active?

I think so ( http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/231/cpanelx1272729322319.png )

Are you using BuddyPress?

Nope.

I’ve tried twice now – I really like the look of bbpress as well. Would anyone be willing to install it if I throw five quid someones way?

try my tutorial: http://wpbbpthemes.org/integration/ it doesn’t have images sorry. Maybe you missed something?

hey gerikg,

im going to go through you’re tutorial first thing monday morning :)

thanks for the resource

just going through this.

“Go to your wp-config.php file and highlight line 45 (it starts with define(‘AUTH_KEY’)) to line 48 (starts with define(‘NONCE_KEY’)) and PASTE the new keys. You basically change your 4 keys to 8 keys.”

my wp-config file in the wordpress directory already has 8 keys here, so following your instructions means there is now 12, with some of them appearing twice. that can’t be right? i’ve just pasted the 8 keys from the wordpres site over the 8 keys listed in wp-config file.

went through everything to the T… i run the forum and get this:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/mysite/public_html/members/forum/bb-config.php on line 77

Warning: Division by zero in /home/mysite/public_html/members/forum/bb-config.php on line 77

Warning: include_once() [function.include-once]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/mysite/public_html/members/forum/bb-config.php on line 77

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ” for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/mysite/public_html/members/forum/bb-config.php on line 77

Any ideas?

You should have 8 keys total. Replace whatever you have with the keys from the “https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt”

wp-config.php has 8 keys from that link you provided

bb-config.php has the same 8 keys as above, with the BB text added in as well

any other ideas? :(

yeah, email me…

Okay,

wp-config:

iit had two cookiepath, I delete one.

bb-config.php:

I took out the cookiehash (i think it should be on WP only)

The include line

include_once( '/home/xxx/public_html/xxxx' ); was not pointing to any file

it should point to wp-load.php

`include_once( ‘/home/xxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-load.php’ );

also the ‘ wasn’t ‘ it was something else which happens when you copy and paste. I mentioned it “(beware some pasting of this code make the ‘ character change, make sure it’s the button left of the enter key on your keyboard)”

I didn’t do the follow up steps on the bbP dashboard, but this should set you on your way.

Can you help me with this error? I went through your steps and it seemed to work perfectly (except the part where you type in Blah blah blah, that hasn’t worked for me yet but I skipped it).

Everything seemed to go fine until the Deep Integration. I followed that correctly including the ” ‘ ” note and this is the error I recieved:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/content/r/l/m/rlmorris/html/blog/fsforum/bb-config.php on line 74

Not sure what to do at this point, I thought I finally had it but now I’m just tired of dealing with this. How in the world can installing a blog be so complicated?

one last thing, if I restore the bb-config.php file back to before I went for the deep integration, the forum shows back up. Is the point of all of this so I can log in to the forum with my existing users from my WP Blog? Because if so, it’s saying no users are found.

email me your bb-config file.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar