Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress hosed

• I installed bbpress. I (tried to) followed the instructions for integrating with wordpress. When I was done with the installation the forum worked fine but I couldn’t log into wordpress. I resolved that issue by changing:

a:1:{s:9:”keymaster”;b:1;}

to

a:1:{s:13:”administrator”;b:1;}

in wp_usermeta for my user.

This allowed me to log into wordpress. Not sure what it did to bbpress because I figured I’d just re-install.

I dropped the non-shared bbpress tables in the database (forums, topics, topicsmeta i think, tagged, tags).

Now, when I’m logged into wordpress my blog shows up a little wierd. The blog index page (index.php) shows published and unpublished posts. It didn’t do this before and I don’t want it to do it now. Also, none of the pages show up. They all give me a 404.

If I’m logged in I’m allowed to view the pages. But if I’m not logged in the pages show up as 404s.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to clean up this mess I’d love to hear them. Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • laran, can you please post a link to your wordpress and bbpress installs?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

laran: that is the proper behaviour for published and unpublished draft or future posts in WordPress. When you are logged in, you can view them. When you are not logged in, you will get a 404 if you try to view one of those pages you could previously view.

If it possible you gave yourself more power when resetting the permissions? If you had author or contributor status in WordPress before, and now you have editor or administrator, it’s possible you are seeing things now that you could not see before.

But, in my experience, that’s the way WordPress works. If you are logged in and have permission, and the URL, you can view unpublished posts. When you are not logged in, you can’t, by design.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar