Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress Hooks In BBPress

• Hey guys,

Anyone know why WP hooks, such as wp_head(), won’t work in a deeply integrated bbPress install?

Andrew // PageLines

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hey Andrew,

I’m wondering the same thing. I’m using your EcoPro theme and trying to get a plugin to work which calls wp_footer. This hook isn’t working on bbPress pages though.

Did you ever figure this out?

Brent

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Cause wp_head isn’t automatically called by WordPress. It’s a template tag function that themes’ authors usually put between head elements.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_head

Hi zaerl,

Thanks for your reply. The template I’m using, as created by Andrew, does call wp_head(), via get_header(). It also calls wp_footer() via get_footer().

I could also use a substitute hook, like bb_foot, which I saw in the default templates, but this doesn’t actually seem to be called anywhere.

Any ideas?

When BBpress loads it wipes all actions/filters that were registered during the wordpress load. It does this so that all the feeds and sitemaps and external files (js etc.) don’t get put in the bbpress forum.

That is exactly what I want it to do so I am trying to figure out how to stop it from wiping them and will let you know how I get on.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar